User Controls

One reason to learn other Languages

slide22 African Astronaut
    To know if they're going to sell you food dropped onto the floor. or for business purposes too

Kafka sweaty
    For friends, most of the people I’ve been close with English wasn’t their first language. I wouldn’t have known them if they didn’t learn it. It lets you think in different ways, watch movies that don’t have subtitles, for survival and personally for me it evens out my accent, it used to be very culchie. I like being able to nail other accents and that learning some languages deepens my voice. English is ugly and my voice is super high-pitched speaking it.
    Originally posted by Kafka For friends, most of the people I’ve been close with English wasn’t their first language. I wouldn’t have known them if they didn’t learn it. It lets you think in different ways, watch movies that don’t have subtitles, for survival and personally for me it evens out my accent, it used to be very culchie. I like being able to nail other accents and that learning some languages deepens my voice. English is ugly and my voice is super high-pitched speaking it.

What languages do you speak? I have none but I am good at guessing most languages for some reason. Most people hear Portuguese and can't tell if it's Spanish or Russian which is Latin but has Germanic influence. , I for some reason can tell while driving rideshare. A couple times I get Israelites in my car but it sounded French to me. I'm talking more in accent than breaking down language like is it Slavic or germanic or Latin or even Hebrew or middle eastern. then go from there. Iv surprised a few people that way at guessing.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    I don't buy food from people who speak foreign languages.
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by slide22 What languages do you speak? I have none but I am good at guessing most languages for some reason. Most people hear Portuguese and can't tell if it's Spanish or Russian which is Latin but has Germanic influence. , I for some reason can tell while driving rideshare. A couple times I get Israelites in my car but it sounded French to me. I'm talking more in accent than breaking down language like is it Slavic or germanic or Latin or even Hebrew or middle eastern. then go from there. Iv surprised a few people that way at guessing.

I’d say Irish used to be my second language but now it’s probably Romanian, some German and French. The good news is my nephew will have to learn Irish in school in the south so maybe I’ll pick it up again having someone to talk with.
    Ghost Black Hole
    So you can swear at foreign cops
    Originally posted by Kafka I’d say Irish used to be my second language but now it’s probably Romanian, some German and French. The good news is my nephew will have to learn Irish in school in the south so maybe I’ll pick it up again having someone to talk with.

DO they call it Irish or Gael? or is Gael a different language/dialect
    Ghost Black Hole
    its pronounced ghey
    Kafka sweaty
    Originally posted by slide22 DO they call it Irish or Gael? or is Gael a different language/dialect

They call it Gaelic to refer to the Irish language and also Gaelic football
    Kafka sweaty
    Gaelic football is fun because you have to do something every four steps you take when you have the ball; fist pass, toe tap, kick it somewhere or bounce it off the ground.
Jump to Top