User Controls

Belgium To Shut Nuclear Reactor On Friday Amid Energy Crunch

Ghost Black Hole
    Fucking idiots lol

https://oilprice.com/Latest-Energy-News/World-News/Belgium-To-Shut-Nuclear-Reactor-On-Friday-Amid-Energy-Crunch.amp.html

"Belgium announced on Friday that its Doel 3 nuclear reactor will disconnect from the grid and cease operations, even as the country fears blackouts this winter. It is one of four reactors at the Doel plant near the port of Antwerp, and is the first nuclear reactor to shut down in Belgium’s plan to exit nuclear power completely.

The move moves even as thousands of Belgians took to the streets on Wednesday to protest soaring electricity prices and high costs of living. In a recent Belgian media poll, 64% of Belgians are concerned that they might not be able to pay their energy bills."
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ghost Black Hole
    Not in MY backyard

But what if his neighbor is cool with it?
    troon African Astronaut
    The Great Reveal

"Als Gregor Samsa eines Morgens aus unruhigen Träumen erwachte, fand er sich in seinem Bett in einen monströsen Feldnigger verwandelt"
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by aldra

I'd kick that scorpions ass
    Bradley Black Hole
    is there an allegory behind teh scorp & the frog
    Bradley Black Hole
    "A scorpion asks a frog to carry him over a river. The frog is afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, both would sink and the scorpion would drown. The frog then agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both.
    Bradley Black Hole
    A scorpion wants to cross a river but cannot swim, so it asks a frog to carry it across. The frog hesitates, afraid that the scorpion might sting it, but the scorpion promises not to, pointing out that it would drown if it killed the frog in the middle of the river. The frog considers this argument sensible and agrees to transport the scorpion. Midway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog anyway, dooming them both. The dying frog asks the scorpion why it stung despite knowing the consequence, to which the scorpion replies: "I am sorry, but I couldn't resist the urge. It's in my nature."[1]
    I posted about this before hold on
    https://niggasin.space/post/1543953

Originally posted by aldra the old fable of the scorpion and the frog

a scorpion is sitting on the shore when a frog swims by.

"please take me to to the other side," says the scorpion.

"no, you'll sting me"

"I won't"

so the scorpion climbs on the frog's back and the frog begins swimming. halfway across the river, the scorpion stings the frog.

"why have you stung me? now we'll both drown!"

"because I'm a scorpion"

"lol," said the scorpion, "lmao"

Originally posted by aldra no

I saw a children's show recently who characterised the scorpion story in the same way

the scorpion does not wait until he's safe, he crashes the boat with no survivors because it's way funnier that way

the scorpion shitposts directly to emergency radio bands and opens fire on the police when they come looking for him

the scorpion crashes his passenger plane into a ski resort and hopes the media circus drives his bitch wife to kill herself

the scorpion prints money all day every day just to give it to niggers to spend on crack and guns

Originally posted by aldra THE SCORPION LEAVES EVERY FAUCET RUNNING FOR A YEAR THEN BEATS UP THE POLICE WHEN THEY COME TO GET HIM

https://archive.ph/Yib5G
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by aldra https://niggasin.space/post/1543953

What do you like most about this fable?
    Donald Trump Black Hole

The snake is a similar story.
    Originally posted by Obbe What do you like most about this fable?

self-preservation in the deepest and strongest instinct any lifeform has; there's something... noble? about rejecting it for a reason so petty

like overcoming your limitations and dominating nature in the most unusual way
    Originally posted by Donald Trump
    The snake is a similar story.

yeah but the snake is just untrustworthy, the scorpion loves to sting so much he doesn't care if he drowns doing it
    Originally posted by aldra self-preservation in the deepest and strongest instinct any lifeform has; there's something… noble? about rejecting it for a reason so petty

That's an interesting take, thanks for sharing your perspective.

Does the scorpion actually overcome its limitations though? It appears incapable of doing so, its nature is to sting, in one version of the story posted above it even admits to this and apologizes for it. And how does this action "dominate nature"? To my eyes it seems like nature dominated both these creatures.

I looked up the fable on Wikipedia:

The Scorpion and the Frog is an animal fable which teaches that vicious people cannot resist hurting others even when it is not in their own interests
    Yeah you're right, the actual moral of the story is more or less that some things are simply geared toward destruction; that you can't reason with a 'scorpion' because it just doesn't know any better.

I mostly just find it interesting to think about
    troon African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Obbe Does the scorpion actually overcome its limitations though?

Self-preservation is such a profound instinct, single-cell organisms exhibit it. It might even have been observed in viruses, I forget. The scorpion overcomes this to do what scorpions naturally do.
    Bradley Black Hole
    SWIM always had a fantasy about grabbing a steering wheel when others are talking shit to him while driving and just pushing it or pulling it as hard as he could and curling up sideways as he braces for impact. Started when he was very little with his mother yelling at him on car rides home from places.
    Originally posted by Bradley SWIM always had a fantasy about grabbing a steering wheel when others are talking shit to him while driving and just pushing it or pulling it as hard as he could and curling up sideways as he braces for impact. Started when he was very little with his mother yelling at him on car rides home from places.

Originally posted by aldra self-preservation in the deepest and strongest instinct any lifeform has; there's something… noble? about rejecting it for a reason so petty

but is it really self preservation if the said organism doesnt have a concept of self.
Jump to Top