User Controls

Arbitrary code execution.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Sorry for the vague title but if i make it overly technical people's eyes will just glaze over and click on another thread instead. Anyway i currently can't access any of my Windows VMs because my server was having some technical difficulties, which are being worked on.

Anyway i was wondering whether PrintUI.exe still loads an arbitrary PrintUI.dll from %ProgramData% or it's immediate path instead of the system directory on wanblows. Obviously at the enterprise level this will be well taken care of but your average user doesn't know how incompetent Micrococks is.

If it has been fixed in recent updates that's fine but a year ago this was still a great vector not only for arbitrary code execution but privilege escalation as well. Micro$oft has been aware of this since 2014.

To test run:

COPY "%SystemRoot%\System32\ShUnimpl.dll" "%ProgramData%\PrintUI.dll"
    RENAME "%ProgramData%\WRITABLE.LOG" PrintUI.exe
    START "" /WAIT "%ProgramData%\PrintUI.exe"
    CERTUTIL.exe /ERROR %ERRORLEVEL%

If the new PrintUI works as intended you have a problem. ShUnimpl.dll is supposed to get rid of obsolete shell functions, by letting them error out properly and prevent any shenanigans. PrintUI.exe does not comply with this though, and if/when it doesn't write a stager, shell, or cryptotrojan or anything you can think of really. Compile it for windows as DLL, and get it to "C:\Windows\System32\Tasks_Migrated\PrintUI.dll".

Now on the target box copy PrintUI.exe from %ProgramData% to the directory specified above and run it. It's going to load your malicious DLL, auto elevate it to admin and run your code. That's a game over for the box in question.
    No answers huh, i guess all i can conclude is that i am a level 97 Cyber Security wizard and no one is even close to my level and therefore has nothing to contribute. Which is kind of unfortunate.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Migh Houston
    Sorry. Im more of a web application type. Also I dont use Windows.

But this stuff on Linux would be cool.
    troon African Astronaut
    i use windows quite a lot. even for programming. i use windows so much i use a window manager. i think it's called enlightenment, it's really good.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Migh Houston
    Originally posted by troon i use windows quite a lot. even for programming. i use windows so much i use a window manager. i think it's called enlightenment, it's really good.

):
    troon African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Migh ):

don't be sad, i just like to shit on sophie's threads because he talks so much shit. it's fun!
    Originally posted by troon don't be sad, i just like to shit on sophie's threads because he talks so much shit. it's fun!

i talk the best shit, many experts they tell me: Soph, the shit you talk is excellent. It's true. Believe me. But you didn't provide any insight into the subject matter i was posting about.

Real talk, may i ask what your background is in Computer Science?
    troon African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie Real talk, may i ask what your background is in Computer Science?

i once did an offline system upgrade of my xbox using a USB key?
    Originally posted by troon i once did an offline system upgrade of my xbox using a USB key?

IDK you tell me? USBs or not. Console hacking is pretty dope, pretty hardware focused but there are some cool solutions and frameworks that help with that.
    Instigator Space Nigga
    Hit any key.
    Originally posted by Instigator Hit any key.

Hit it.
    troon African Astronaut
    Migh Houston
    Well shit.
    Originally posted by Migh Well shit.

When troon says i talk a lot of shit. he's not saying i talk out of my ass, he just thinks i'm obnoxious.
    The best way is take a old RAT that's detected and make it fully undetectable by changing just enough code to evade the strings in the viral definitions. You can use 10 or 15 of the best virus scanners out there to check your results after each code adjustment. Eventually, you get a really good RAT that's FUD. Then you bind it to some program and upload it everywhere and bind an ICQ notification to it to call out to the FTP server log to pick up the IPs later. Can't get any easier than that.
    troon African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie When troon says i talk a lot of shit. he's not saying i talk out of my ass, he just thinks i'm obnoxious.

i'm pretty sure you misunderstood migh's "well shit", it didn't seem to be intended as you read it. but i do note how your interpretation of my words influences your thinking.
    slide22 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ The best way is take a old RAT that's detected and make it fully undetectable by changing just enough code to evade the strings in the viral definitions. You can use 10 or 15 of the best virus scanners out there to check your results after each code adjustment. Eventually, you get a really good RAT that's FUD. Then you bind it to some program and upload it everywhere and bind an ICQ notification to it to call out to the FTP server log to pick up the IPs later. Can't get any easier than that.

who uses ICQ anymore though? or is this old school worming?

Doesn't Russia own ICQ and it was recommended not to use it (Without looking it up first) when we were "buddies" with the New Russian state
    that was a great early messanger before weird shit started happening. no security in it what so ever.
    Originally posted by slide22 who uses ICQ anymore though? or is this old school worming?

Doesn't Russia own ICQ and it was recommended not to use it (Without looking it up first)
    that was a great early messanger before weird shit started happening. no security in it what so ever.

It makes a great pager. The executable is small and can be easily bound to a legit program without arousing any suspicion.
    Originally posted by troon i'm pretty sure you misunderstood migh's "well shit", it didn't seem to be intended as you read it. but i do note how your interpretation of my words influences your thinking.

Without being able to read your body language or facial expression my interpretation of your words is the only thing to go off when you say some stuff. Therefore it is the only thing can use to construct a representation of you in my mind. It's one of those things people tend to do i think. Feel free to set the record straight or more crooked, by providing more words/thoughts/ideas, true or false.
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ The best way is take a old RAT that's detected and make it fully undetectable by changing just enough code to evade the strings in the viral definitions. You can use 10 or 15 of the best virus scanners out there to check your results after each code adjustment. Eventually, you get a really good RAT that's FUD. Then you bind it to some program and upload it everywhere and bind an ICQ notification to it to call out to the FTP server log to pick up the IPs later. Can't get any easier than that.

I'm more of a custom, or newfangled RAT person myself tbh.
Jump to Top