User Controls

Recommend me a keyboard/mouse combo for my Raspberry Pi.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    That's right niggas. Since i have the RPi Zero, USB ports are prime real estate so i need a combination. I managed to get Rasbian on it with my phone, lol, my PC doesn't have an SDcard reader. But that's on my bucket list as well. But for now i need a keyboard because i need to configure some shell scripts and what have you.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    does it have a bluetooth chip built in? if not get a usb bluetooth adapter and some bt peripherals, they tend to be a bit more expensive though
    Originally posted by aldra does it have a bluetooth chip built in? if not get a usb bluetooth adapter and some bt peripherals, they tend to be a bit more expensive though

I don't think so, the Zero is really minimal. I might go with a bluetooth solution though, what other choices would i have?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    bluetooth or no, rapoo makes some good quality, fairly cheap hardware (and also more expensive stuff):

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/rapoo-wireless-e6700-bluetooth-touch-keyboard-black-ab58186
    https://www.mwave.com.au/product/rapoo-x1800-wireless-optical-keyboard-mice-combo-set-ab47341
    Originally posted by aldra bluetooth or no, rapoo makes some good quality, fairly cheap hardware (and also more expensive stuff):

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/rapoo-wireless-e6700-bluetooth-touch-keyboard-black-ab58186
    https://www.mwave.com.au/product/rapoo-x1800-wireless-optical-keyboard-mice-combo-set-ab47341

That's pretty dope and for 26 bucks a good deal too, nice.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I not only bought a switch for my rPi so that I could share my primary keyboard with it, but I also just usually ssh in. I did pick up one like this small keyboard that works okay but the special characters always piss me off.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Keyboard-Touchpad-Internet-Connected/dp/B014EUQOGK
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I just use a bluetooth.
    Also you can add more usb ports with a self powered usb hub.
    Don't need one man, use your brain and will it to work.
    Originally posted by AngryOnion I just use a bluetooth.
    Also you can add more usb ports with a self powered usb hub.

Oh yeah, that would be pretty dank. Might look into that as well for the sake of peripherals.
    zok jr. Houston
    bluetooth or any logitech mouse and keyboard you can bind more than one device to the same dongle with the logitech software
    Just putting it out there since we are discussing wireless keyboards/mice a while back I seen or read something- not sure where but something like 90% of wireless keyboards/mice are really easy to hack. I think it was a hacker convention video I saw sometime ago, now I think on it. Guy there spent a bit of time with popular models. When he reached out to the companies, several of them were un-patchable. He was able to take control of the mice, and keylog and I want to say the craftiness went further than that but I can't be 100% sure it was a while ago. Pretty nifty shit, if I do say so myself, since you see a lot of the population using them without a second thought for security.

It'd be something to consider looking into, particularly for you, Sophie, since you seem to value security and should. I doubt you're going to have to worry about being infiltrated by a wireless keyboard... but you never know, and for the average non-pedo/hacker/terrorist this could be a great way for others to get all your personal info, CC#, passwords, everything. What average idiot can resist telling their life story, pet's name, where they lived growing up, and where they went on vacation on the greatest info harvesting site of all time? Add that with accounts, knowing mom's maiden name, the town they grew up in and other mundane shit, and you are on the war path to turning someone's financial life upside down, and who would think the lowly wireless keyboard could be the key to make it all happen?

*Places tinfoil hat on, shifty eyes* Going to just be happy with my hardwired keyboard now... except that some mech keyboards can give away information with each key's individual identifiable clickity clack (another something or other I recall from a bit ago). Shit. Guess I just won't Skype while typing and hope there are no bugs. Determining what's being typed via recording seems more likely for higher ups in mega corporations and government tho... I think I'm safe.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    cerakote African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie That's right niggas. Since i have the RPi Zero, USB ports are prime real estate so i need a combination. I managed to get Rasbian on it with my phone, lol, my PC doesn't have an SDcard reader. But that's on my bucket list as well. But for now i need a keyboard because i need to configure some shell scripts and what have you.

>what is a usb splitter
    what do you use it for though

i wanna make a device that tells me whenever a fuck nigga opens up my fuckiin door so i can see if the feds are trying to plant evidence in my residence
    Originally posted by Born in the dirt to die in the sky Just putting it out there since we are discussing wireless keyboards/mice a while back I seen or read something- not sure where but something like 90% of wireless keyboards/mice are really easy to hack. I think it was a hacker convention video I saw sometime ago, now I think on it. Guy there spent a bit of time with popular models. When he reached out to the companies, several of them were un-patchable. He was able to take control of the mice, and keylog and I want to say the craftiness went further than that but I can't be 100% sure it was a while ago. Pretty nifty shit, if I do say so myself, since you see a lot of the population using them without a second thought for security.

It'd be something to consider looking into, particularly for you, Sophie, since you seem to value security and should. I doubt you're going to have to worry about being infiltrated by a wireless keyboard… but you never know, and for the average non-pedo/hacker/terrorist this could be a great way for others to get all your personal info, CC#, passwords, everything. What average idiot can resist telling their life story, pet's name, where they lived growing up, and where they went on vacation on the greatest info harvesting site of all time? Add that with accounts, knowing mom's maiden name, the town they grew up in and other mundane shit, and you are on the war path to turning someone's financial life upside down, and who would think the lowly wireless keyboard could be the key to make it all happen?

*Places tinfoil hat on, shifty eyes* Going to just be happy with my hardwired keyboard now… except that some mech keyboards can give away information with each key's individual identifiable clickity clack (another something or other I recall from a bit ago). Shit. Guess I just won't Skype while typing and hope there are no bugs. Determining what's being typed via recording seems more likely for higher ups in mega corporations and government tho… I think I'm safe.

Yeah true, i have heard the same, so this is a valuable contribution to the thread. I was thinking of going with a self powered USB hub. And taking the wired keyboard aldra linked. With a powered USB hub i hope i can power my rPi and keyboard and use my second USB port for a mouse perhaps. I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to rPi so i'll try to figure out what works and what doesn't. the rPi Zero i have is really minimal, like i said, so i will have to be creative with peripherals.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by cerakote >what is a usb splitter

I know what it is, but i am not sure whether it would work on my rPi Zero, i usually don't do a lot o hardware hacking, but i think going with a self-powered USB hub will be helpful.

Originally posted by greenplastic what do you use it for though

I am going to be making a Poison Tap.

https://samy.pl/poisontap/
    What I did with mine, is I use the one USB slot for a Wifi Adapter that automatically connects to my phones hotspot. Then I can SSH from either my phone or my computer(which is connected to my phone for the internet) to my rPi0. On this one, I also have an ESP8266 chip hooked up to it for furthermore connecting to Wifi access points or creating an access point. I'm planning on getting my nRF24L01 running to see what it can do.

I also bought one of the newer models(rPi0W) that have a Wifi built in.

This would be nice but I don't think I'm that good to mess with a little "micro" job like that...

http://www.briandorey.com/post/Raspberry-Pi-Zero-W-external-antenna-mod
    VNC seems to work well also. I'm just going to use the one with the wifi built in for my poison-tap.

Works well if your out-and-about and need to get in, but I haven't really taken either out yet.

Tlauien can u tech me to b tekno master
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Tlauien can u tech me to b tekno master

Order CCP and scatter them onto your desk to start.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Order CCP and scatter them onto your desk to start.

Console command processor?
Jump to Top