User Controls

And the sewers are all muddied with a thousand lonely suicides

Lanny Bird of Courage
    >still listening to N-piece anarchy crescendo rock
    >2017

it's kind of a guilty pleasure tho
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition

are you familiar with the blood brothers?

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra

are you familiar with the blood brothers?

[video]https://ww[/video]

They named themselves after a book (and rock opera) of the same title. Are you from Seattle, Aldra?
    godspeed sucks fuck that wannabe avant garde bullshit. i never knew anyone cool who listened to it

the blood brother is great. so much nostalgia from being 16 and high on bundy and hanging out w/ cute girls

we aren't revolutionaries but

WE ARE THE REVOLUTION
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 They named themselves after a book (and rock opera) of the same title. Are you from Seattle, Aldra?

no, australia, been to the US once but never seattle
    im runnin on caffiene and nicotine and

AMPHETAMINES

i hope more stimulants are on the way

CUZ WHO DOESNT HAVE A DRUG PROBLEM THESE DAYZ?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by greenplastic

Choking Victim is dank.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Haha, johnny hobo, CV, and LoC are my highschool nostalgia-core

Originally posted by aldra are you familiar with the blood brothers?

I think you posted a track a while back but not beyond that. The vocals are interesting but the breakdown on that track made me cringe a bit.
    Originally posted by Lanny Haha, johnny hobo, CV, and LoC are my highschool nostalgia-core

I think you posted a track a while back but not beyond that. The vocals are interesting but the breakdown on that track made me cringe a bit.

me too, i saw loc play like 4 times and super wasted in the alleyway in sf then spit on a bunch of people

Ska

Hey AngryOnion

Is this you dancing with your ol lady?

for real though godspeed sucks dick

the only reason it exists is so people can make some lame attempt to justify why they think their musical taste is more complex than yours

seriously
    fucking
    lame
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Ska

yes i like a bit of two tone myself. are you ska'd for life totse2001?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    What if people just like the music though? I like GY!BE although they do certainly have a particular bag of cliches they lean on a lot. Still, I think they did a lot to open up the post rock landscape (and I'm not talking about Explosions in the Sky, God is an Astronaut, This Will Destroy You et. al.)
    Originally posted by NARCassist yes i like a bit of two tone myself. are you ska'd for life totse2001?

Ska kills by heroin.

It's pretty decent. I like different genres of rock and other forms of music but in the post punk is usually my taste of what I like. I like Hard rock as well. but not a big death core or whatever.

ONE STEP BEYOND!

This is MADNESS

Originally posted by Lanny What if people just like the music though? I like GY!BE although they do certainly have a particular bag of cliches they lean on a lot. Still, I think they did a lot to open up the post rock landscape (and I'm not talking about Explosions in the Sky, God is an Astronaut, This Will Destroy You et. al.)

I don't really believe that people actually like the music. They just say they do.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by greenplastic godspeed sucks fuck that wannabe avant garde bullshit. i never knew anyone cool who listened to it

the blood brother is great. so much nostalgia from being 16 and high on bundy and hanging out w/ cute girls

depends what you mean by cool tho. if you apply your musical tastes to what you think is cool then you're only listening to music because you think its what others like. theres really nothing cool about that. listen to music because you like it, despite what anyone else thinks is whats really cool. then you are someone who knows your own mind, and doesn't just follow everyone else like sheep.
    Originally posted by NARCassist depends what you mean by cool tho. if you apply your musical tastes to what you think is cool then you're only listening to music because you think its what others like. theres really nothing cool about that. listen to music because you like it, despite what anyone else thinks is whats really cool. then you are someone who knows your own mind, and doesn't just follow everyone else like sheep.

so if i listen to music based on my own tastes, i'm just copying everyone else's style? that doesnt even make sense

also blah blah but music is subjective blah blah

nope. that's only true to a certain extent. we can definitely imagine situations where some music is objectively shittier than other music (no one can really say that the crackhead down the street who randomly bangs on drums for tips all day makes better music or even music in the same ballpark as alt j for example), so there must be cases where some music could be slightly better than other music, and in this case godspeed is close to the bottom ish
Jump to Top