User Controls

is there a Linux Program

Murk Lore African Astronaut [usually pique my undulation]
    Im told there is a linux program that runs window apps?

one thats stable. for Ubuntu? i thought it was called WINE but thats not right I guess. WINE is just a ap maker? im a newfag to linux (sort of)
    troon African Astronaut
    WINE does let you do this, and PlayOnLinux, which is a nicer front-end for retards.
    Originally posted by troon WINE does let you do this, and PlayOnLinux, which is a nicer front-end for retards.

thanks for the info for newfag'tarding
    troon African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Murk Lore thanks for the info for newfag'tarding

you're welcome sweet-pea
    this faggot thing wont run my WD external exe installer. I cant access my faggoted WD external because its not linux based
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Don't run the installer just plug it in and mount it.
    It should show on the desktop.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    depending on the applications you might be better off setting up a vm in virtualbox
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by aldra depending on the applications you might be better off setting up a vm in virtualbox

This. WINE sucks cock.
    Originally posted by AngryOnion Don't run the installer just plug it in and mount it.
    It should show on the desktop.

Oh yeah. I forgot that was a thing. Thanks. My bad

But I do want to run 3D Studio Max on it. 2004 Version R7. I hope it loads. I bought it when discreet owned it. A Canadian company that sold it to Autodesk. I don't 3D Max exist anymore. It's called Viz
    Originally posted by Sophie This. WINE sucks cock.

I was using Runonlinux
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Cedega, formerly winex, may work for you I dunno.

https://linux.softpedia.com/get/GAMES-ENTERTAINMENT/Simulation/Cedega-9843.shtml
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Cedega, formerly winex, may work for you I dunno.

https://linux.softpedia.com/get/GAMES-ENTERTAINMENT/Simulation/Cedega-9843.shtml

that's pretty much just a frontend for wine
    It's been more than 10 years since I fucked with Linux. Wasn't winex better for windows gaming? Something to do with directX libraries or something?
    I dunno, I tried using WINE for games a few years ago and it was a nightmare trying to get the GPU drivers to work properly. lately I have a windows desktop I treat like a games console and a more 'serious' lunix laptop.

it's not even really the difficulty of getting everything working, it's the messy mix of open and proprietary code coming from 10 different sources that breaks every time one of them updates something
    That makes sense, never gonna get it all on the same page at the same time.
Jump to Top