User Controls

What the fuck is an 'Assault Weapon'?

Steven African Astronaut
    I am a new gun owner. Never really had much of a thing for guns. They're fun to shoot and I feel safer having one in my home. However, I believe American society would probably be better off if we restricted access to guns to LE and gun clubs (ala Europe). I'm in favor of federal gun regulation reform.

But this 'assault weapon/assault rifle' thing has to be the dumbest shit. Just a catchphrase they can throw around in the media. I never know what they're actually trying to ban until I look into it.

Just makes those who push sensible steps towards gun reform look like idiots that don't know anything about guns. It's always some magazine limit or stock restriction being pushed as an 'assault weapon ban'.

It would be nice if media pundits actually explained the legislation they're reporting on from time to time.
    Originally posted by Steven Just a catchphrase they can throw around in the media.

You answered your own question.

Every weapon is an assault weapon if you use it in a violent attack.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson You answered your own question.

Every weapon is an assault weapon if you use it in a violent attack.

then why dont they call hammer that has been used in murder cases 'ass-ault hammer'.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny then why dont they call hammer that has been used in murder cases 'ass-ault hammer'.

Because the liberal media isn't anti-hammer..they are anti gun.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    o b b e p o s t i n g
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Steven African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Because the liberal media isn't anti-hammer..they are anti gun.

This is provenly false.

As a liberal, every gun reform I've seen from establishment democrats is CONSIDERABLY LESS EXTREME than what I'd like to see.

If they were truly trying to take people's guns, they would be trying to do a gun buyback or focusing on the whole 'well regulated militia' part of the 2nd amendment, but they aren't.

(A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.)

I don't know how you can call them anti-gun when they've done literally nothing to prohibit people from having access to them. I live in one of the 'strictest' states regarding gun control and I was able to buy one very easily. Just an online application for a card and a 72hr waiting period. The only questions I were asked were about my criminal history. Nothing about why I wanted a gun or what I was going to do with it. You don't even have to know how to use one to buy one.

Are driver's licenses a restriction on our freedom of movement? Are driver's licenses anti-travel?
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Define "strict".
    You would not believe the level of bullshit I have to go through in my state.
    Not only do I have to get a permit from the state the police chief can have you deigned a permit if he don't like you.
    And yes he can make it personnel.
    Originally posted by Steven This is provenly false.

I've never seen a story that demonstrates the liberal media is anti hammer...please link some.
    "An “assault weapon” refers to a semi-automatic gun designed for military use and quick, efficient killing.

An AR-15 isn't an assault weapon...why does the liberal media AND THE PRESIDENT refer to it as such?

..because they are anti gun and calling it an assault weapon makes it sound much worse than it is and implies it's purpose is for negative uses.
    Bradley Black Hole

That's how I know.
    Steven African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson "An “assault weapon” refers to a semi-automatic gun designed for military use and quick, efficient killing.

An AR-15 isn't an assault weapon…why does the liberal media AND THE PRESIDENT refer to it as such?

..because they are anti gun and calling it an assault weapon makes it sound much worse than it is and implies it's purpose is for negative uses.

Because Biden is liberal, lol.
    Steven African Astronaut
    CNN = liberals!
    Steven African Astronaut
    banning guns is clearly something a liberal would do!!!
    Bradley Black Hole
    u know what i think is the most fun firearm? a .22 Long Rifle highly accurate, under barrel magazine holds like 18 rounds, can be fired rapidly, quiet, doesn't guarantee kill most things (But you get 18 more shots), less than 200$ new, very small and lightweight and teh ammunition is very cheap.

Did I mention how quiet it is? You can put a scope on them too if they have the Picatinny rails which most do, otherwise teh ironsights are really easy to adjust for accuracity.

The one drawback? Very little penetration, SO USE HOLLOW POINTS AND DON"T SHOOT THROUGH SHIT. One of my favorite guns is the Marlin-20 or Marlin-22 i can't remember which # it is but it's the most common one.
    Originally posted by Steven Because Biden is liberal, lol.

Exactly...

So as I was saying "Because the liberal media isn't anti-hammer..they are anti gun."

The president is part of the liberal media...
    Steven African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Exactly…

So as I was saying "Because the liberal media isn't anti-hammer..they are anti gun."

The president is part of the liberal media…

Mhmm

Define 'liberal'.
    Originally posted by Bradley u know what i think is the most fun firearm? a .22 Long Rifle

I've not really come across a "fun" firearm...I've always thought of them as tools and tools in my mind generally are not "fun"

...Pellet guns and paintball guns are a lot of fun...even water guns but of course those aren't firearms so it was quiet irrelevant me mentioning them...however...mention them I did...because that's the kind of guy I am!
    Bradley Black Hole
    Ya I meant what I said they are the most fun gun. I'm sorry you personally find them to be tools. Take a high pressure water, u could blast shit with it that's a lot of fun destroying stuff with high pressure water, it's also a tool. A tape measure may be fun to a small child. The dick in your mouth, fun for you, but still a tool used to piss frequently.

A tool can be fun, unlike IMO a thermometer isn't that fun. But I'm sure you could have a lot of fun raising it to 98.8F with it.

Fun is speculative, tool is empirical.
    Steven African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I've not really come across a "fun" firearm…I've always thought of them as tools and tools in my mind generally are not "fun"

…Pellet guns and paintball guns are a lot of fun…even water guns but of course those aren't firearms so it was quiet irrelevant me mentioning them…however…mention them I did…because that's the kind of guy I am!

what a dumbass take lol.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Steven what a dumbass take lol.

😂 coming from you, a guy that was on maury 🤣
Jump to Top