User Controls

Soap! 1970 sitcom

BeigeWarlock African Astronaut
    Richard Mulligan was extremely funny as Bert or Burt

there were a ton of actors on it actually. I never wanted to act but I wanted to direct. I'm getting old. I had a couple of extra parts in the 1980s. but never spoke on film.

I think if I put my mind to it, i could be the perfect Archie Bunker if they ever recasted for TV show or better yet a film. Hell it's the only way someone like me would ever make money in this world with my limited knowledge of almost everything out there. I never mastered one thing.. "Jack of all trades, master of none."

But then again, i would like to do Bert in a re-imagination of Soap for as a new sitcom

Stfu you hipster faggot
    You know what, the kind of bullshit in my previous comment is exactly what I hate when other posters do. Fuck that. Fuck me for posting that.

What is the show about? Does it stand the test of time or has it ages poorly? Is it worth a watch from someone in 2017 who has never seen it before?

I recently started watching The A-Team while stoned, the show is cheesy but it still holds up well if you watch it with the understanding that it WILL be cheesy as fuck.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon You know what, the kind of bullshit in my previous comment is exactly what I hate when other posters do. Fuck that. Fuck me for posting that.

What is the show about? Does it stand the test of time or has it ages poorly? Is it worth a watch from someone in 2017 who has never seen it before?

I recently started watching The A-Team while stoned, the show is cheesy but it still holds up well if you watch it with the understanding that it WILL be cheesy as fuck.

It depends on you and being opened minded. It's not too dated because it's about 2 families (cousins) by two moms, who both have issues with their own family members and husbands cheating or believing they're cheating. I don't want to ruin the show.. but it's a cliff hanger type of show. everything ends as the start of the next episode giving it a soap opera feel. It's like saying I love Lucy isn't dated. my kids loved watching her when they were young. but the show could re-imagined with some homage to it's original setting with a more modern touch or leave it in the 1977-1980 era. I could do that. The only thing about it is it's old shitty video quality. they even tried to give it that "vaseline on the lens" trick that Soap Opera that looked good on older CRT but not so much on digital tvs, it's not great visually. but I think you would laugh.. just get through season one.. it's a bit slow but you have to watch every episode for it to make sense.
    Bob and Chuck are funny as hell.. Billy Chrystal plays step brother Jodie (BTW the ventriloquist thinks Bob is real) brother who is Gay. and Bob fucks with him all the time, calling him queer and I think a fag at one point.

here is the intro to Bob and Chuck

Jessica was the lady from "Who's the Boss" if you remember

Post last edited by BeigeWarlock at 2017-02-19T22:02:13.575533+00:00

Post last edited by BeigeWarlock at 2017-02-19T22:02:44.236766+00:00
    Jodie (BillY Crystal) explains that Plato was also gay when Jessica said "Gay's didn't exist when I was younger" still trying to find Bob fucks with Jodie

Well.. seems Youtube blocked the one episode that is the funniest (IMHO) where Bob calls Jodie a fag in the kitchen while Burt keeps Jodies brother from Kicking Bob and Chucks ass.

but this one is kind of funny too.

the character of Burt is in this one.

I wish I could talk to Norman Lear and ask him if I can be a junior writer (to join the guild) for a new All in the Family. I wonder if Rob Reiner and Sally Fields could help coach for the parts.

It would probably be funnier if it stayed as a Period piece. but I would also like to Play Archie. that part would be given to a season actor for sure and not me and unknown. :(

maybe I could play an annoying neighbor or friend of Archie and have a re-occuring role.

OK lets make it happen. Jeff Hunter clearly "isn't apart of this site" so that's too bad. I feel like he would have connections to make it happen. Pretty sure he was part owner of the temp service I got long contracts through.. kept me employed. Wish it lead to temp-perm like they promised they would "Try to do"

JEFF HUNTER.. Where you at, Wigga??
Jump to Top