User Controls

Please help me understand Muslim dietary practices for a westerner.

Bradley Black Hole
    I wish to entirely eat halal. I have for about ten years held a deep aversion to consuming pork, animals that are killed by other animals and animals that are already dead from natural causes.

I do not wish to follow the precept that all slaughtered animals are slaughtered in the name of Allah and ignore the precept regarding the consumption of animal blood (which I don't do regularly)

What got me thinking about this is today we had a pulled pork sandwich and as my nostrils inhaled the smell, I felt a twinge of disgust in my heart and soul. While I have no religious mandates about diet, I have been on farms where pigs eat their own feces (like WellHung does) and cannibalize their own kin.

Non warfare cannibalism disgusts me, i.e. If you have an enemy and you slay him, there is nothing wrong with consuming his heart, liver, and eyes.

Also it is a known fact that pork will (in a sealed bag) develop worms in it that are ever present in the meat. I am not interesting in arguing that the human body may digest them without harm or they are eliminated by cooking, the fact they are present at time of quartering is enough to remove my desire for any of it.

I suppose this question is for Captain Falcon and Sudo more than anyone else but I am interested in knowing what pork by products are in common foods in modern times and which to wholesale avoid.

I also am abstaining from alcohol because of how it affects my life as well as because it is a rotting fruit and will only utilize it in my religious blots.

I very much like the Muslim food and today when I held the tray and said "This is pork, yes?" all aggressively, I saw the Muslim guy refuse his tray as well (because he didn't want to see me following his religious mandates and told me that he only has eaten pork (I caught him eating bacon two weeks ago) when he is hungry to the point he feels cornered). He prays and sings songs to God five times a day. I told him today we will both be going on Halal by putting in forms together so they will have two halal eaters in this facility. Though I am sure in the federal side (which we are segregated from entirely aside from a communal kitchen) many are also halal.

I appreciate any insight and would like you to know I have a very high reverence for Muslim culture and the piety of the devout Muslims I have met in my life who abstain from much of the world's pleasures that have caused so much pain and removal from a life of virtue. I am however unable to seperate my religion from their practice and as such admire their lifestyles and actions while not subscribing to the teachings of the Honorable Muhammed.

Asallam Allaikum.
    say the gott damm shahadahh
    Bradley Black Hole
    I also do not eat fast food because of the presence of grease containing pork fats (even if mcdonalds says they don't anymore, I just don't like grease), also I don't eat potato chips for the same reasons.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Rape Monster Naturally Camouflaged
    Shit into your hand and eat it, congratulations u just had the Muslim experience
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by Bradley I also do not eat fast food because of the presence of grease containing pork fats (even if mcdonalds says they don't anymore, I just don't like grease), also I don't eat potato chips for the same reasons.

I think about this alot and grease has been a killer in my life. There were times in my life I've realized are where I did some damage
    Bradley Black Hole
    Ya if something is shiny but not wet I realized it's not good for me, this realization has made it unpalatable.

A really slept on food is the crunch vegetables make when they're fresh, specifically rabbit foods. I think these non processed foods are exceptionally healthy as well, think celery, carrots, leafy greens, and the skin of most fruits.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    dietary laws are retarded
Jump to Top