User Controls

Anyone ever experience sleep paralysis!!?

With the past 5 years or so id estimate ive experienced sleep paralysis around 3 times. Last night was the worst strangest experience. I remember walking looking around i thought i heard my door open downstairs and swear i heard somebody walking up my stairs. This is when i realized i was paralyzed. I started moaning and trying to say words. I tried to get the gun under my matress after about 30 seconds i could move again. The last thing i thought i heard was a voice saying "you go to bed early"...when i started to move again its like i realized i was dreaming while awake....weird experience..
    I think someone's raping you.
    Just relax, take deep breaths, and imagine a peaceful scene around you

In a few moments you will enter a lucid dream

It's extremely difficult to do this at first though, because sleep paralysis is fucking terrifying. It took years of semi-weekly episodes before I finally got this right

And then when I figure this out, I stop getting sleep paralysis. Fucking figures.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    People talking about sleep paralysis is annoying as fuck. Everyone wants to share their story and think they're special but in reality it's just something weird that happens occasionally to most people.
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    I've only experienced one episode recently, but I've experienced it many times when I was younger. The terrifying element was usually a shadowy incorporeal figure in my doorway.

The scariest episode by far was the time it happened after my son fell asleep on my chest in a rocking chair, because the danger of him rolling off me and into the floor was real. Luckily, I came to before that happened.

A couple weeks ago, I had my first ever zombie dream. The worst part was that I had both my boys with me in the dream, and I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to save them.
    never
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Never had it.
    this is a good thread to talk about sleep habits though

i usually sleep 10-12 hours solid and it's very difficult to wake me up, i'm a very deep sleeper

when i dont fall asleep at set time i usually have to stay up until the next night until i can sleep normally. i never nap or get tired on my own, it's like my body has it set that every 14 hours my body shuts down, no matter what time. it sucks because it makes it hard to wake up for school.
    Originally posted by greenplastic People talking about sleep paralysis is annoying as fuck. Everyone wants to share their story and think they're special but in reality it's just something weird that happens occasionally to most people.

I think it's fascinating. I've always been interested in how the brain functions during sleep and the role dreams play in the process.

I read a great article on arstechnica recently about research that describes the method by which memories and information are either strengthened or "pruned" during REM sleep.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2017/01/rem-sleep-lets-the-brain-cut-and-strengthen-new-connections/
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I don't sleep. I occasionally pass out for a couple hours when I get too high on weed but not for very long. Like last night I crashed at 8pm and woke at 11pm and I've been awake ever since.
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump I don't sleep. I occasionally pass out for a couple hours when I get too high on weed but not for very long. Like last night I crashed at 8pm and woke at 11pm and I've been awake ever since.

Do you plan on living a full life or dying young? Your elderly self will probably regret the abuse you put yourself through.
    I'm tripping balls on bundy at work right now holy fuck worst idea ever. The tables are breaking down into geometric fractals.
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump The tables are breaking down into geometric fractals.

better fix em then
    Triangles
    cerakote African Astronaut
    ive had some fucked up dreams that i dont remember but ive probably had something similar to sleep paralysis

my memory is fucking shit though so im probably wrong
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Yeah, I've seen the man with the fedora and I've seen the tall, hooded one, and I've been accosted by a succubus. I have narcolepsy, so being caught frequently in hypnogogia has introduced me to a wide variety of sleep phenomenon such as this.
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    you try real hard to wiggle your toe, if you can wiggle your toe you get your control back pretty quickly.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Every night I go to sleep I pray that I will be visited by the shadow man, or his superior, the Hat Man. I wish to experience sleep paralysis. I wish to be horrified.
    TreyGowdy Houston
    Damn suprsised so many people have never experienced it. Used to get it all the time, one time sleeping in class even. It used to always be accompanied by a really heavy body load/buzzing and I actually came to kind of enjoy it (the trick is to rape the shadow figure before it rapes you, heh no I actually never experienced the shadow). It's also way more likely to happen when you sleep on your back.

Nowadays it's neither here nor there, I get an inception type deal out of it. I realize it's happening, "wake up", then wake up again.
    FUck sleep man
Jump to Top