User Controls

Isnt gravity just a density specific feild?

What am I missing if it isnt?
    Shut the fuck up already.
    sorry i victimized you so hard. But if you arent going to participate in my threads in a meaningful way I really dont give a shit. I am obviously not just going to stop posting so unless you can give a description of gravity that isnt as I describe in the title or affirm my current observation you can quite kindly go fuck yourself my man.
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    Originally posted by a·nom·a·ly sorry i victimized you so hard. But if you arent going to participate in my threads in a meaningful way I really dont give a shit. I am obviously not just going to stop posting so unless you can give a description of gravity that isnt as I describe in the title or affirm my current observation you can quite kindly go fuck yourself my man.

there's really no such thing as gravity. things just fall, basically.

Originally posted by snab_snib there's really no such thing as gravity. things just fall, basically.

Eh I dont know man. I mean doesnt the fact that an object on the north and south pole will fall in opposite directions (i.e. both towards the center)combined with the obvious observations about how the moon traverses us kind of prove some sort of feild? And further the observations about the sun and its calculated density seem to affirm my suspicion.

Originally posted by a·nom·a·ly Eh I dont know man. I mean doesnt the fact that an object on the north and south pole will fall in opposite directions (i.e. both towards the center)combined with the obvious observations about how the moon traverses us kind of prove some sort of feild? And further the observations about the sun and its calculated density seem to affirm my suspicion.

the moon is a giant hologram projector.
    Shut the fuck up already please
    Originally posted by Discount Whore Shut the fuck up already please

no
    Originally posted by Discount Whore Shut the fuck up already please

this but to you
    Your question makes no semantic sense, but I'm knowledgeable on physics so I'd be happy to answer some questions.
    1. If I drop an item at the north pole it falls to the same spot as if I dropped it at the south pole.
    2. The moon follows a cycle in its path around the earth.
    4. The moon is considered less dense and the earth is more dense.
    5. The sun is considered the most dense object in our solar system.

From 1-5 is it not sensible to infer that gravity is very similar to a magnetic field but working on the level of density rather than electric charge?
    Originally posted by a·nom·a·ly 1. If I drop an item at the north pole it falls to the same spot as if I dropped it at the south pole.

What do you mean by "falls to the same spot"? I can't think of a way in which it does.

2. The moon follows a cycle in its path around the earth.

In particular reference frames, such.

4. The moon is considered less dense and the earth is more dense.

Yes and an iodine crystal is more dense than the earth. Density is a dependent quantity, which is a function of mass and volume.

5. The sun is considered the most dense object in our solar system.

No it isn't. Not even close, actually. The tin foil in your kitchen drawer is more dense than the Sun, for example. Almost anything solid is, actually.

From 1-5 is it not sensible to infer that gravity is very similar to a magnetic field but working on the level of density rather than electric charge?

You seem to not understand what the basic terms you are using mean. Even ignoring that, your 4 stepped "5 steps" do not lead to your conclusion, it is a complete non-sequitur.

Gravity is similar to the "magnetic field" only in the gravity is a force and electromagnetism is a force, and both have the potential tk do work at a macroscopic scale. So in a cursory way they are similar. But the mechanism of their action and their basic natures are nothing alike.

Also, gravity has nothing directly to do with density, no.
    Why are you humoring them? So much idiot shit like this the two of them have posted, you can't begin to cover it all. Literal nonsense by people who seem to not have passed a middleschool science class.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon What do you mean by "falls to the same spot"? I can't think of a way in which it does.

I mean both objects fall towards the earths center. And object on earth falls towards the center. Damn you are pretty dense if you dont understand that.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon In particular reference frames, such.

Not really helpful or meaningful to the conversation but ok.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon Yes and an iodine crystal is more dense than the earth. Density is a dependent quantity, which is a function of mass and volume.

This is kind of stupid though. I mean the Earth naturally contains iodine but it also contains other things less or more dense than iodine. So to say an iodine crystal is more dense than the earth is sort of ignorant of what the earth actually is imo. Also just so you know density of iodine is 4.93 g/cm³ and density of the earth is 5.51 g/cm³ so no, an iodine crystal is not more dense than the earth.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon No it isn't. Not even close, actually. The tin foil in your kitchen drawer is more dense than the Sun, for example. Almost anything solid is, actually.

The density of aluminum is known to be 2.70 g/cm3. The mean density of the suns core is 150 g/cm3.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon You seem to not understand what the basic terms you are using mean. Even ignoring that, your 4 stepped "5 steps" do not lead to your conclusion, it is a complete non-sequitur.

Yeah dude, I dont understand them. But I seem to understand them more then you considering you actually think that you know anything about physics then spout out bullshit about aluminum and the sun. I guess I was wrong. The sun isnt the most dense object in the solar system. Its you.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon Gravity is similar to the "magnetic field" only in the gravity is a force and electromagnetism is a force, and both have the potential tk do work at a macroscopic scale. So in a cursory way they are similar. But the mechanism of their action and their basic natures are nothing alike.

Obviously the mechanism of their action is not alike but they are both feilds. It still doesnt answer my question and is redundant to post because I already knew both those things.

Originally posted by Captain Falcon Also, gravity has nothing directly to do with density, no.

Well this was a fun waste of time. Here I was thinking you might actually have something interesting or intelligent to post but in the end it appears that you really have no clue what you are talking about but really want to seem like you do.

Originally posted by a·nom·a·ly I mean both objects fall towards the earths center. And object on earth falls towards the center. Damn you are pretty dense if you dont understand that.

They don't. depends on the reference frame, but the point of attraction is at the center of mass between the two objects.

Not really helpful or meaningful to the conversation but ok.

It's very meaningful and helpful. What you are saying is omitting a lot of very important considerations regarding the mechanism by which gravity functions.

This is kind of stupid though. I mean the Earth naturally contains iodine but it also contains other things less or more dense than iodine. So to say an iodine crystal is more dense than the earth is sort of ignorant of what the earth actually is imo. Also just so you know density of iodine is 4.93 g/cm³ and density of the earth is 5.51 g/cm³ so no, an iodine crystal is not more dense than the earth.

The densest object in the solar system appears to be your skull, because the basic point does not seem to be capable of penetrating it: by definition, the density of an object is its mass per unit volume.

The volume of the earth is composed of things that are more or less dense than iodine, and most of it is less dense than iodine. The overall density of the earth thus happens to be lower than the density of a single iodine crystal.

The density of aluminum is known to be 2.70 g/cm3. The mean density of the suns core is 150 g/cm3.

You didn't say the core. The density of the sun at large is about 1.41g/cm3

Yeah dude, I dont understand them. But I seem to understand them more then you considering you actually think that you know anything about physics then spout out bullshit about aluminum and the sun. I guess I was wrong. The sun isnt the most dense object in the solar system. Its you.

Shit, you beat me to the joke. Still gucci tho.

Obviously the mechanism of their action is not alike but they are both feilds. It still doesnt answer my question and is redundant to post because I already knew both those things.

Your question is retarded and makes no sense. The action of gravity has literally nothing to do with density, but your question is simply the ravings of an idiot who does not understand the basic scientific terms involved.

Well this was a fun waste of time. Here I was thinking you might actually have something interesting or intelligent to post but in the end it appears that you really have no clue what you are talking about but really want to seem like you do.

Don't get mad when I point out ur a dummy, kid.

Post last edited by Captain Falcon at 2017-02-08T00:44:52.125136+00:00
    nice quote job dumbass
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon You didn't say the core. The density of the sun at large is about 1.41g/cm3

You just arent using the right frame of reference bro XD
    Originally posted by a·nom·a·ly You just arent using the right frame of reference bro XD

Doesn't even make sense.
    Dude gravity is like particles man. Higgs boson.
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Dude gravity is like particles man. Higgs boson.

Oh yeah. Like the big bang and stuff.
Jump to Top