User Controls

Chiner goes full retard germ-phobic, locks down hard, as mild omicron variant spreads

Donald Trump Black Hole
    Shanghai’s fresh Covid-19 outbreak was caused by management oversight at a quarantine hotel, according to local authorities, exposing the challenges for China’s zero-Covid policy as it battles the coronavirus for a third year.

“The virus came from an imported case polluting the environment, which led to domestic infections and spread due to regulatory oversight,” a short notice from the Shanghai government said on Friday.

However, the city of 26 million is now battling its worst outbreak since the coronavirus pandemic emerged in 2020, with more than 300 infections reported this month. Shanghai had logged only 400 cases and seven deaths in the two years before the latest wave.

Shanghai remains optimistic amid China's recent Covid-19 outbreak
    On Friday, Shanghai reported 11 new local cases and 64 asymptomatic infections, mostly among people already under quarantine. Only symptomatic cases are classified as “confirmed” by Chinese health authorities.

Mass screening and partial lockdowns have been launched in various areas, and all middle and junior schools have switched to online learning.

This comes as the rest of the country also grapples with record high cases, with more than 1,000 locally acquired infections reported on Thursday, the highest national count since 2020. More than 700 of those were asymptomatic.
    https://www.scmp.com/news/china/politics/article/3170187/chinas-zero-covid-policy-tested-shanghais-worst-outbreak-traced

Meanwhile in Europe everyone is either getting or being exposed to omicron and no one even notices or cares.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    I've seen a lot of curves in my day and that one hardly looks flat
    meh. i just came into speaking-distance contact with someone covid+ on a daily basis with no mask and distancing.

didnt get anything,

covid is now just your normal cough/flu illness.
    wait until they figure out covid isn't even real
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood wait until they figure out covid isn't even real

they know.

its an excuse to halt exports to the US.
    Aleister Crowley African Astronaut
    Less slant eyes breathing fresh air.
    so jelly
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Is it too late to end covid? If we all wear masks and get vaccines can we still stop it?
    why stop something that might potentially give you a week off work.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    That didn't last long, Shenzhen is reopening today.

I guess the inhabitants of Chiner will just have to deal with another version of the common cold going around.
Jump to Top