User Controls

Sports Thread

SpatianHaigency Tuskegee Airman
    ok i cannot be the only person who likes sports here and i miss chatting sports with this community or whats left of it so I will give this a go. The best time of year of sport is coming up soon so I expect this to be a good thread ok good.

Are you watching the soccer? Most of the major euro leagues have started, I think La Liga has yet to start though, but who cares. Manchester City has bought De Bruyne , Otamendi, and Raheem Sterling all for massive amounts of money and Chelsea have signed...wait for it.....wait....wait...Falcao. Yes Chelsea still has a very good team but I expect City to run away with it all and have it wrapped up by February. In the next tier of teams, Liverpool, Manchester United and maybe tottenham I guess, fighting for the remaining CL spot (Arsenal get one by default). Liverpool and Manchester United both have quite a few new signings, so who evers team gels better will edge it. United aren't very deep especially at striker so maybe the european calendar will hold them back.

Hopefully Newcastle get relegated, and Brendan Rodgers is fired.

& football season is right around the corner. I can start up the old fantasy league easy as fuck if there is enough interest (there won't be) but I'm not going to bother if there is only like 6 of us.

And baseball playoffs I am actually excited for the first time in a decade because the Astros aren't complete garbage.
    NFL hell yeah
    NFL hell yeah
    team?
    Clevland Browns forever and the Packers since 99. On another note there used to be a VN mod called Vbookie in the VN 4x days. If the mox was ported to VN 5x it could be fun here.
    Clevland Browns forever and the Packers since 99. On another note there used to be a VN mod called Vbookie in the VN 4x days. If the mox was ported to VN 5x it could be fun here.
    Normally I think people who root for two teams are bandwagon assholes but I can't be mad at Browns fans for following another team (as long as it isn't the Cowboys) I don't condone depression and suicide.
    Normally I think people who root for two teams are bandwagon assholes but I can't be mad at Browns fans for following another team (as long as it isn't the Cowboys) I don't condone depression and suicide.
    When Tom Landry was coach under Texas Schramm I liked the Cowboys. I was still a Browns fan mind but I liked the Cowboys OK. But when Jones bought the team that was it.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    "Sports" I never understood any of it.
    Watching niggers run up and down a field chasing a fucking ball.
    Whatever.
    That's 104 niggers per game X 3.5 hours per game X 15 games per week X 17 weeks of regular season of crime free nigger hours. That comes out to 92,820 crime free nigger hours per year. I love sports!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    jays are going to get to the world series then lose to the cardinals and I will commit suicide while I watch all the sad dominicans on tv try to rationalize losing the world series
    So who else knew Marcus was the better pick than Jamis?
    "Sports" I never understood any of it.
    Watching niggers run up and down a field chasing a fucking ball.
    Whatever.
    I guess they are not for everyone, but they are for billions upon billions of people. Have you tried expanding your horizons by trying to watch some more obscure sports?
    Great game. All thanks to Eli's bonehead play by stopping the clock.
    So who else knew Marcus was the better pick than Jamis?
    I think most people (except for the Bucs, but they don't know anything) expected Famous Jameis to be absolute shit tier. He threw like a billion interceptions his senior year he was very lucky to have most of them erased by his defense. Admittedly he did have some clutch moments himself. He's a charismatic guy and seems like he'll make a good leader but he needs to hold a clipboard a few years.

Mariota from the gimmick offense of Oregon was always a risk, but Whisenhunt isn't a god damned moron like Lovie Smith and built the offense around Marcus' skillset. He threw from shotgun 10 times, and completed all 10 passes. To be fair playing against the Bucs inflated the fuck out of his stats and I don't expect him to win more than 6 games this year but I hope he surprises me. Him vs Johnny Footbaww this Sunday should be a very entertaining affair.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    That's 104 niggers per game X 3.5 hours per game X 15 games per week X 17 weeks of regular season of crime free nigger hours. That comes out to 92,820 crime free nigger hours per year. I love sports!

Ok good point I just didn't think through.
    I guess they are not for everyone, but they are for billions upon billions of people. Have you tried expanding your horizons by trying to watch some more obscure sports?

Great game. All thanks to Eli's bonehead play by stopping the clock.

I think most people (except for the Bucs, but they don't know anything) expected Famous Jameis to be absolute shit tier. He threw like a billion interceptions his senior year he was very lucky to have most of them erased by his defense. Admittedly he did have some clutch moments himself. He's a charismatic guy and seems like he'll make a good leader but he needs to hold a clipboard a few years.

Mariota from the gimmick offense of Oregon was always a risk, but Whisenhunt isn't a god damned moron like Lovie Smith and built the offense around Marcus' skillset. He threw from shotgun 10 times, and completed all 10 passes. To be fair playing against the Bucs inflated the fuck out of his stats and I don't expect him to win more than 6 games this year but I hope he surprises me. Him vs Johnny Footbaww this Sunday should be a very entertaining affair.
    I'm a Browns fan please don't mention Johnny Footbeer.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    you would be a fucking browns fan, dark rodent
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Poor poor Browns. The literal shit-stains of the NFL community and they don't even know it, or refuse to accept it.
    sports are gay
    all the cool buckeyes favor the steelers
    all the cool buckeyes favor the steelers
    You mean all the bandwagon bitches.
    well, I don't care about football, personally, but growing up in the mahoning valley, out of all the many, many rabid sports fans I knew, only one person was a browns fan. all the rest were into the steelers.
Jump to Top