User Controls

Spiritual development

Kafka sweaty
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Kafka sweaty
    It also bothers me I think I’m only having thoughts of things I’m reminded of, so could be forgetting important thoughts. I don’t know what I think of during the day.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    It seems like your aversion to spirituality is based on preconceived thoughts, notions, negative self talk and listening to negative things others say about them. You gotta start with mindfulness if you want to reset some of your thought patterns. Maybe not but it's the best and quickest solution I'm aware of.

I've been distracted by material things way too much as well
    frala Avant garde shartist
    I was never able to meditate until I started guided meditation after which there is a noticeable difference in my mental clarity.

I believe you can forgo your ego but still maintain self-preservation.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    buahaaahaaahaaa
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by frala I believe you can forgo your ego but still maintain self-preservation.

Yeah shaolin Kung fu and also the triads criminal enterprise were started by Buddhist monks seeking to stave off attackers. I've read a bit of Buddhist dharma and never seen anything about trying to die, or even that avoiding death was problematic. Lots of people will say being hyper vigilant and afraid of harm and death prevent you from really living though.

I believe it was the great philosopher Aubrey Graham who said "you only live once that's the motto...yolo" and encouraged aspiration to live these ideals on a daily basis
    frala Avant garde shartist
    Ah yes yolo and lego my ego
    WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    perhaps by porking a few melanin-rich nubians, that would bolster your state of mind? Don't worry about Sickle-Cell...it's not contagious.
Jump to Top