User Controls

Westworld

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Who's watched it? What'dya think?

Just finished it (well season one) and am kinda on the fence. On the up side the production value was good and the consciousness/robots thing seems really cool when you're high and like "woah man". On the down side, for being lengthy and plot packed it really didn't manage to go too far. Some of the twists fell flat which would have been forgivable, others were pretty good (I liked the non-simultaneous storylines one, you could definitely notice a causal barrier between certain characters at times, you might have been able to see it coming if you were really on the ball) but there were just too many in total. I felt like every episode ended on a cliffhanger and after like Ford waffled on being the villain for the dozenth time I kinda stopped caring what shocking topic was going to be at the heart of consciousness this week. Ironically I had flashbacks to watching Lost more than once. In some ways I felt like the huge budget hurt coherency more than everything, a lot of scenes felt like cinematography-wank and could have just been cut (start to end I'm not sure hooker-bot actually did anything relevant to the primary plot)
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I thought Westworld was great. I'm generally a very "dissective" TV and film viewer but I can still enjoy shows and films for what they are anyway.

So I really loved Westworld. The main plot twist (Ed Harris kills Dumbledore) was extremely well done and it genuinely made me tell OH SHIT NIGGA. Same with the "secondary" twist (black guy is Snape). A lot of the more minor ones were definitely kind of shitty though. But overall I really loved the show, I think it accomplishes everything it sets out to achieve.
    Is it on Netflix?

I forgot to take a picture of my ma's debit card tonight so I can sign up for a free trial
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    It's HBO who I don't think let any of their stuff onto netflix. That might be a lie though.
    Ah I might just find a stream for it.

I think I did download the first episode or 2 to watch but my utorrent was screwey and wouldn't download the rest so I didn't bother watching
    HBO fucked up the classic (Pat Mcgoohan) "Prisoner".

stop remaking awesome films. what's next, Soylent Green?
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I don't know that show just made me want to fuck robots.
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    Loved it. Can't wait for season 2.

/genericpost
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Hated it. Hope they cancel season 2.

/edgepost
    Vizier Tuskegee Airman [spic of the devil]
    I liked the premise behind it at first, but then I got bored when I realized it's basically Game of Thrones with robots and Cowboys instead.
    Haven't seen it but ill add it to the list of shows to watch. Have you seen the 100 lanny?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by spacepantz Have you seen the 100 lanny?

I have not. Worth watching? I'm not usually too hot on "teen series" but I'll give it a go if it comes recommended.
    Originally posted by Lanny I have not. Worth watching? I'm not usually too hot on "teen series" but I'll give it a go if it comes recommended.

You might not like it then but I think it gets better as the seasons progress the plot is great.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon I thought Westworld was great. I'm generally a very "dissective" TV and film viewer but I can still enjoy shows and films for what they are anyway.

So I really loved Westworld. The main plot twist (Ed Harris kills Dumbledore) was extremely well done and it genuinely made me tell OH SHIT NIGGA. Same with the "secondary" twist (black guy is Snape). A lot of the more minor ones were definitely kind of shitty though. But overall I really loved the show, I think it accomplishes everything it sets out to achieve.

Is it worth watching the seasons? what season and eps is it into now? I always fear them wrecking the originals which was pretty good for a early 70s film. I guess Futureworld is next.
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Is it worth watching the seasons? what season and eps is it into now? I always fear them wrecking the originals which was pretty good for a early 70s film. I guess Futureworld is next.

First season finished. Watch it, nigger.
Jump to Top