User Controls

dressing up as a wild animal and crossing the canadian border

nonarky Houston
    can his actually be pulled off?

if you needed to sneak into Canada through the woods, could dressing up as a wild animal or even a shrub work in avoiding detection by immigration agents patrolling the woods?
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    the best idea is to camouflage yourself to something with similar size, height and IQ. I strongly suggests potted plants.

Dress as plants, its easier.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    I would go with a moose outfit. It's your best chance.
    cerakote African Astronaut
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I would go with a moose outfit. It's your best chance.

inb4 poacher puts a bullet in him
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    stopping you would be an environmental crime
    Even the animals need proper paperwork and documentation, if a fish and game officer sees you and the tracker doesn't pick you up you will be tranquilized and tagged.
    nonarky Houston
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Even the animals need proper paperwork and documentation, if a fish and game officer sees you and the tracker doesn't pick you up you will be tranquilized and tagged.

but not a bush or a shrub, i can go in as a giant pine cone
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by cerakote inb4 poacher puts a bullet in him

He could wear bullet proof armor.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    this would make for a great kafkaesque movie. someone dresses up as an animal to cross the border, and the forestry service picks him up for tagging. he keeps talking but they just say 'wheres that voice coming from!>?!>!" because he can't convince people he's not an animal. they think it's a haunted animal and they put him in a zoo or a lab.
    TreyGowdy Houston
    Claim to be a unaccompanied minor
    Or a catapult and parachute, dressed as a moose.
    -SpectraL Moosefurry fetish confirmed.

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Go as giant tortoise
    Originally posted by RisiR -SpectraL Moosefurry fetish confirmed.

No. It's just that moose are so plentiful here, it's much easier to blend in as one.
    Dress up in a gorilla suit and pretend to be Bigfoot, best case scenario you get across safely, worst case scenario you give Joe Rogan a priapism and incite massive lulz.
    It's interesting to actually consider the idea of crossing the Canadian border stealthily though. I think the best method would probably (if you are an individual) be to only move at night while bringing a way to stay safe from wild animals (gun? You'd get fucked if you got caught though) and staying hidden/camouflaged during the day.

The border is how long? 1000 miles? 2000?

How can they protect it all, surely sneaking over a border would be pretty simple cos you just find a bit where there's no border control
    I was actually thinking about "light weight" (relatively anyway) survival recently. A crossing into Canada is a fun scenario to frame that. I imagine the limitations would basically be 1 large ("camping") backpack, whatever you can fit in it, and anything you can strap to your body/carry while maintaining a reasonable walking pace.

Crossing into Canada can be done at many points, since the border is so massive. The main issue would probably be getting far enough away from the border that a filthy man with a rucksack wouldn't arouse suspicions of illegal border crossing. I estimate this will turn it into at least a 6 day journey by foot. Remember, you will be walking and burning calories.

How would you do it?
    Anyone could easily cross right at the St. Lawrence river at New York. The river is full of ice fishermen from both sides. A person could simply dress up as a fisherman, walk out on the river, and when done fishing, pack up and walk to the other side. It's only less than a mile across the ice there. They have no way of knowing who is who, and which side they came from initially.
    Sorry but "sneaking in" is so well known in Canada theres even a hit rock song about it. Nothing in this thread is anything new to a beer drinking forest ranger smoking a joint, you think he hasn't seen pinecones talking to him telling him to burn down the forest before?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VycWmbLRmws
Jump to Top