User Controls

Anyone ever use a de-googled phone?

AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Just wondering if they work as well as others.
    Found this guy on you tube that sell them.
    He just started his own phone that goes on sale soon.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Why don't you just Google the answer?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Go Googleless.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/03/27/install-use-custom-rom-no-google-apps/
    whatsapp relies on google play services to function. without it whatsapp doeant runninnthe background and you cant get calls and instant notifications if your whatsapp isnt on.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny whatsapp relies on google play services to function. without it whatsapp doeant runninnthe background and you cant get calls and instant notifications if your whatsapp isnt on.
    Ya see this is what I was looking for.
    How about using a MTTTY Serial Terminal as a virtual interface to the WhatsApp application.
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    No, but I'm just baked enough for the idea to interest me. Like, you have Android phones, you have iOS, but you don't really have any 3rd party shit at all. Just unlicensed versions of Android on cheap hardware.

It would be cool to adapt a way to hook up like old school cordless phones just to troll people.
    I don't know tomorrow I'm switching from GOOGLE FI to Mint Mobile.
    Mint is cheaper going to save about 10 bucks a month WOO HOO.
    They are probably just as bad as Google as far as data harvesting but at least it wont cost as much.
    Fucking phones should be free at this point for the amount of shit they pull from you
    Service should be basically free considering the tech it uses now for voice, SMS, and MMS is all internet driven. Like, I get charging a fuck load for the phone, but to charge a fuck load on top of it for service is asinine
    Quick Mix Ready Dark Matter [jealously defalcate my upanishad]
    Originally posted by AngryOnion I don't know tomorrow I'm switching from GOOGLE FI to Mint Mobile.
    Mint is cheaper going to save about 10 bucks a month WOO HOO.
    They are probably just as bad as Google as far as data harvesting but at least it wont cost as much.
    Fucking phones should be free at this point for the amount of shit they pull from you

I use mint and get great reception in the bay area. even for data. it runs off of T-Mobile. I have G4 phones still so it just works. I dont know if they're G5. unless everything recently went G5

35 a month you can get 5 gigs of Wifi. but that might go up to 8 meaning the 15 plan is going up as well. however, its only 15 a month if you pay 1 year up front. I think its 20 a month. its a bit deceiving.
    https://www.newsnationnow.com/business/what-to-know-as-mobile-providers-shut-down-3g-networks/
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ How about using a MTTTY Serial Terminal as a virtual interface to the WhatsApp application.

wth is that ?
    Originally posted by AngryOnion Ya see this is what I was looking for.

it took me a while to figure it out. i didnt know why my whatsapp doesnt work on an instant level if its in the background until i installed a firewall/network blocker and read the dependencies of each app.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny wth is that ?

https://www.netburner.com/learn/serial-terminal/
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ https://www.netburner.com/learn/serial-terminal/

and this is related to android cellphones, how
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny and this is related to android cellphones, how

I have to spell it out for you?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    "De-googled" is a step in the right direction. There's privacy oriented ROM's for Android phones. You just flash the ROM on the phone and boom. I do suggest reading the instructions before you brick anything.
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I have to spell it out for you?

no need, just pronounce it.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny and this is related to android cellphones, how

I think he's suggesting you use WhatsApp through what's essentially a dos prompt with extra options.

He saw someone else suggest MTTTY and thinks he's trolling somehow.
    Originally posted by AngryIVer I think he's suggesting you use WhatsApp through what's essentially a dos prompt with extra options.

He saw someone else suggest MTTTY and thinks he's trolling somehow.

and the serial ports ?
Jump to Top