User Controls

Thief: The Dark Project and Thief II: The Metal Age

smokemon Houston
    I have spent a lot of time playing these two games.
    The fan missions have reached a level of complexity and customization that is almost hard to believe.
    Anyone else sink a lot of time in Thief?
    It's easy to play on modern computers since the release of TFix, tafferpatcher, and/or T2Fix.
    AngelLoader works well for me to play custom maps, my favorite so far is called Cryptic Realms.

What do you guys think, cool or gay?
    The original Deus Ex was also a dope Eidos game.

FenPhoenix and FenAlternate play a lot of funky mission on youtube.
    cvl00101 is also a good channel for previews of customs too.

My only gripe with Thief is that once you get used to fighting guards with the sword and begin blocking effectively, it becomes tempting to just go in and kill everybody instead of sneaking around.

Also, the lean forward + blackjack combo, when executed from the shadows, just makes things too easy in the original game. After awhile, people can hardly touch you unless you mess up. Speaking of messing up, the most fun way to play for me is without quicksaves. Without quicksaves, deep into a mission, there is much more on the line and when you mess up you have to actually rectify the problem you created on the fly instead of just loading your save like a rube. Gets the old adrenaline going.
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    All the thief games r great..well I played 1 and 2 when I was a kid
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    i think i am almost done with the original i have off steam but took a break from it and cant get back into it. its just so repetitive even the enemies and missions.
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    I have the third on steam or dark shadow i believe which I may reinstall.
    smokemon Houston
    I heard that in one of the newer Thief games you can't jump freely?
    Maybe it was Thief 2014.

What stinky situation, I love jumping.

When I was young, I used to like collecting all the wooden crates in a level and using them as a box-ladder to get up to places and rooftops you aren't supposed to be.
Jump to Top