User Controls

Flipping laptops on eBay

AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    So I was looking at laptops on eBay for shits and it's crazy some of the working shit you can get for under $60 that's listed as "tested unworking" that has clear pictures of it working. Right now I'm eying up one for $20 that's listed as unworking but unclear in the description as to what's wrong with it. I emailed the seller and it clearly just needs Windows reinstalled and I could list it as tested working for $200.

The way I see it is if I flipped a couple easy ones I could gamble on a lot of 3 or more and maybe make some real fucking money.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Sound about as much fun as grinding tools and shit in SkyRim.
    idk maybe you could make some money but is it worth it in the end?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    apparently this works well with iPhones too. Ive been looking into couch flipping, there are tons of free couches around here or relatively cheaps ones that should be marked up at least a hundred bucks . Heard of some people doing this as a side hustle and it did so well it just became their full time gig. Just move a few couches a day make one or two hundred bucks for a few hours work... seems nice on paper
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    rent a warehouse and fill it with couches, broken laptops, and used matresses and then rent it out for partys and then go poop in the parking lot bushes at a busy target store home depot 5 gal
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    yeah. And call yourself The RentBoy
    Originally posted by AngryOnion Sound about as much fun as grinding tools and shit in SkyRim.
    idk maybe you could make some money but is it worth it in the end?

I think it depends on what deals I could find. I mean, $200 to install Windows XP is easy money. One lot I saw the only reason it's listed as parts is because one of the 3 laptops has a broken screen which would cost $40 to replace and none of them have chargers which cost like $10 on Amazon, so after parts and the cost of the lot I could still net like $380.

Originally posted by mmQ apparently this works well with iPhones too. Ive been looking into couch flipping, there are tons of free couches around here or relatively cheaps ones that should be marked up at least a hundred bucks . Heard of some people doing this as a side hustle and it did so well it just became their full time gig. Just move a few couches a day make one or two hundred bucks for a few hours work… seems nice on paper

Yeah if you're good at spreading LOCA without leaving air bubbles you can make a mint flipping phones. Usually you can get them in lots of 30+ for a couple hundred bucks and spend an afternoon replacing screens at $10 a pop then re-list them for $100+ each. Even if you only get half working you can still make $1200.
    Do it and let us know how it goes keenan
    Aleister Crowley African Astronaut
    Apparently this works with selling your ass too. You can flip a few cheeks and make some serious dollar getting your ass filled.
    Originally posted by Aleister Crowley Apparently this works with selling your ass too. You can flip a few cheeks and make some serious dollar getting your ass filled.

homo
    Originally posted by I Live In Your Crawlspace Secretly4 Do it and let us know how it goes keenan

Idk who tf Keenan is but they need to stay away from my project.
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    It's Keenan from Keenan and Kel.

Welcome to good burger home of the good burger can I take your order?
    Originally posted by AngryIVer So I was looking at laptops on eBay for shits and it's crazy some of the working shit you can get for under $60 that's listed as "tested unworking" that has clear pictures of it working. Right now I'm eying up one for $20 that's listed as unworking but unclear in the description as to what's wrong with it. I emailed the seller and it clearly just needs Windows reinstalled and I could list it as tested working for $200.

The way I see it is if I flipped a couple easy ones I could gamble on a lot of 3 or more and maybe make some real fucking money.

I gave up trying to sell laptops on ebay...the market is swamped with them...same with PCs...It's just not worth the effort in most cases unless you get a really good deal on a relatively new model
    Originally posted by RIPtotse It's Keenan from Keenan and Kel.

Welcome to good burger home of the good burger can I take your order?

Ohhh, yeah, I don't expect a nigger to be able to flip laptops effectively. Most I know end up losing money on them.

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I gave up trying to sell laptops on ebay…the market is swamped with them…same with PCs…It's just not worth the effort in most cases unless you get a really good deal on a relatively new model

Yeah, it seems like more of a side-hustle then a main income sort of deal. I know in the past when I sold things on eBay you might end up re-listing it 4 or 5 times before you get any bites.

If you get a good enough deal on a lot though and end up with more working units than expected you can always undercut everyone else and turn the same expected profit. Some of these Macbook lots are insane though because 1 working unit would pay for the entire lot in some cases.
    Try offerup...I sell a lot of stuff on there, no tax or fees, you sell for 200 you get 200 (cash).

Don't ever have anyone come to your house though, meet at a gas station or somewhere close to where you live. Last week I sold an all in 1 PC on offerup for $300...I'd bought it from value village for $15.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    7 things poor people do

1. Flipping things on ebay

What about those in between?
    They buy laptops on ebay
    The rich flip stocks on the stock market, it's the same thing really.
Jump to Top