User Controls

Tech stocks - worthless hype or the last chance to get in?

Folx it seems tech and crypto is on the outs yet we use these services and products daily and our lives revolve around them. Have they been over priced this entire time? Is this the floor? Or will they keep crashing showing these silicon valley fucks that their do nothing faggot office jobs coding web3 don't actually PRODUCE ANY VALUE and they are getting their come uppings for ruining the world.

Do you own any tech stocks folx? Is your portfolio diverse?

Personally I think this is just a market hiccup and the real crash hasn't started yet.

Donald Trump Black Hole
    The crash is happening now, and it'll go on for a while. The mood has completely changed on these shitty ponzi companies which produce very small profits. They were a big bubble, and depended on the federal reserve supplying cheap money to the market. Now that the federal reserve wants to raise rates and stop covid quantitative easing the market is crashing, and the crashing isn't going to just stop anytime soon. There'll be reversals and dead cat bounces, but the trend is clear right now.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    FUck I thought that chart was all tech stocks I didn't zoom my eyes in to see all the other sectors.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    They're stuck. They want to take money out of the economy to lower wages (which is shitty) in order to contain inflation, but if they do they crash the financial economy. The sane thing to do is let inflation go high for a while, a little inflation is necessary, and would help rebalance things a little, plus higher wages would help take away from populism, but who knows what they will actually do.

Todays selling started in Russia, and spread across Europe. The US was actually up on the day - clearly the Fed Plunge Protection Team was out buying like crazy.
    https://www.fool.com/investing/2022/01/23/rblx-earnings-metaverse-stocks/

Roblox (NYSE:RBLX), a gaming-platform operator, is slated to report its fourth-quarter and full-year 2021 results after the market close on Tuesday, Feb. 15. An analyst conference call is scheduled for the following day at 8:30 a.m. ET.

Investors will probably be approaching the report with cautious optimism. The reasons for optimism? Roblox has been posting strong revenue growth since it became publicly traded in March 2021 via a direct listing (rather than a traditional initial public offering) on the New York Stock Exchange. Moreover, the company has the potential of being a major participant in the burgeoning metaverse.

The reasons for caution? Last quarter, Roblox slightly beat Wall Street's earnings expectation, but it has significantly missed analysts' bottom-line estimate in the previous quarters it's reported since going public. At this early stage in its journey as a public entity, investors have been more concerned with revenue growth than with earnings. However, in 2022, investors will likely be placing more importance on the bottom line for all companies than they did in 2021. Stocks in general and especially those in the technology realm have been under pressure this year because Federal Reserve interest rate hikes are on the near-term horizon.

Donald Trump Black Hole

Roblox is too cool to make a profit. Taxes are theft man.

And what happens when all the zoomers move onto the next big game?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    is it zoomers playing roblox? I thought it was literal 8 year olds with their parents' credit cards
    fuys roblox (Ticker RBLX) is building the metaverse as we know it and personally I don't even play the game and I cannot stomach even one second of watching it. But what I do see is shitty minecraft streamers I watch constantly doing Roblox streams and saying stuff like "If I became a Roblox streamer I would be making the real big bucks" like minecraft is some second rate OG gamer and all the mainstream big heads are playing Roblox

I can't say, as I prefer to learn about this game/company passively (makes it more palatable) But the fact that they are even a publicly traded company is amazing, they really shouldn't be. But they are investing TOTALLY into the metaverse hype and are building the virtual world of tomorrow weather we like it or not

https://www.morningbrew.com/emerging-tech/stories/2021/12/10/roblox-s-metaverse-is-already-here-and-it-s-wildly-popular

Originally posted by aldra is it zoomers playing roblox? I thought it was literal 8 year olds with their parents' credit cards

that sounds like it could feed my family

Roblox’s metaverse is already here, and it’s wildly popular
    The platform says that over half of American children use the platform, and counts nearly 50 million daily users.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by aldra is it zoomers playing roblox? I thought it was literal 8 year olds with their parents' credit cards

It is, and I know that zoomers are anywhere up to early 20s now. I just don't know what the correct name for the generation that comes after zoomer is. Turbo-zoomer? Generation coof?
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    Now's a good time to get in. It'll bounce back and you can get it for cheap
Jump to Top