User Controls

Hack a Sat.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I recently learned about this CTF competition, and it seemed rather interesting to me. HaS2 Ended a bit ago and i hadn't really been following it closely, but learning a bit about the general concept after the fact was pretty cool.

Obviously it was an event sponsored by the US government to determine and learn more about cyber security as it relates to satellites. It was quite a thorough emulation of a real world scenario where there's only a few ways to contact a satellite in orbit directly and have it do some stuff it's not suppose to. I heard the contestants even had to take into account the fact that an IRL satellite only has a few windows in which you can communicate/send commands and stuff like that because you have to take into account the fact that it is orbiting the Earth. So when it's on the other side of the Earth, the planet makes comms impossible.

Anyone know anything with regards to operations targeting satellites? What kind of protocols would be involved with comms? What 'OS' do satellites run on? And what may be some TTP's with regards to this?
    Migh Houston
    Dont know much about hacking satellites, but I know NSA/DHS is all over this tread.
    Originally posted by Migh Dont know much about hacking satellites, but I know NSA/DHS is all over this tread.

Well duh. I don't have any aspirations of hacking a satellite, i just thought the event and the technological aspect seemed interesting.
    I would launch myself into space and float toward the satellite (by pointing my arms, legs and body at it) to physically execute the hack.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ I would launch myself into space and float toward the satellite (by pointing my arms, legs and body at it) to physically execute the hack.

The tried and true 'Rip a Chip' method.
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    Hack a fat dick in half
    Originally posted by Sophie The tried and true 'Rip a Chip' method.

I actually prefer the "hands-on" techniques. The haterz don't bother me.
    maddie Tuskegee Airman
    https://ctftime.org/

great site ive been using for a few years.
Jump to Top