User Controls

Starting my second job of the year tomorrow.

blaster master victim of incest
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Aleister Crowley African Astronaut
    How did you get fired? Also well done on getting a new job.
    Aleister Crowley African Astronaut
    Originally posted by blaster master Dude, they had their sights on me for a while.

A lot of these places around here only want people from latin america on bogus paperwork so they can treat them like slaves. Then they run into a position where they need actual skilled labor and are forced to hire a white person for a few months, and then once the job they hired you to do is over they are scrambling to fire you at the first chance they legally can.

So when I took this job in September they were way behind the 8 ball on a contract they had for a production run of a very specialized machine that they profit $200k from each one and they had 20+ of them, so a nice chunk of change. They had hired a couple temps, a couple people thru the company that sell the machine, and no one they could find could do these welds that are very visible on a very expensive machine.

They found me, we agreed on an hourly price, and the deal was get all the welding finished by thanksgiving and we'll pay you the price you initially asked for. The job was laid out well and I'm a pretty ok welder, they let all the other people they brought on to finish thi job go, which was a red flag but i thought maybe i could suck hard enough to get a permanent position.

I finish my part of the deal right after Halloween, they ship all the machines a month early. I thought I was in the clear but it immediately became clear that they no longer were fans of ye ol' little red riding in the hood, and I think I got 6 bullshit write ups between halloween and xmas, shit for like being 20 minutes late to a start time that initially was supposed to be a semi flexible start time and accidentally scratching some part that everyone accidentally scratches.

Xmas comes, I miss the two days after because I was sick. They tell me I need a negative covid test to come back on the job, I get one, work a couple more days, then it's I need a doctors note to come back on the job and I pretty much told the guy off and they fired me for insubordination on the doctors note and being late 5 times.

Damn, well at least you have another job. Hopefully those employing you now are not as bad.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    Come to Dayton and work at AK Steel already.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    They are stupid to fire somone with skilled labor over small shit like that.
    Make the next place sign a contract for specifics
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    Red I don't have a job either atm but am enrolled in school. But at least my girl works I'd be sunk if it weren't for that right about now
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Aren't you a welder? The pandemic and pipeline politics screwed alot of them over, thinning the market and dropping the wages. A friend of mine literally went from welding for 10 years to an IT job he bullshitted himself into despite having 0 experience in the entire field. He's fucking lucky he did, he kinda saw the writing on the wallvfor himself at least locally.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by blaster master Yeah, I'm a welder, I worked 8 different jobs last year. Yeah, writings on the wall.

Do you have your own gear? Why don't you put out some ads for mobile welding services? People do it locally here like crazy. This guy I hate does it and he has alot of assets he acquired through his business. Take charge man. Manifest destiny. Seize da day. Weld frames and mounts on trucks and heavy equipment. Come to my house and fix my plow attachment
Jump to Top