User Controls

They fired a fuck ton of people at work today.

Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    It was suppose to be 3rd shift merging with 1st and 2nd so we could turn the lights off and not be here so much while we are slow.
    Then a couple people couldn't do the new hours and quit.
    I came into work today and only saw 3 people on my shift versus the 30 i was expecting.
    I was so dumb founded I didnt even clock in.
    By our start time our shift grew to 7 employees and that's all we have.
    3/4th of our employees (mostly temps) all got fired.

I know we are slow and that they were going to let a few go but damn...
    and right before Christmas 😭

This is why I don't trust my employer...

All these temps where brought in and promised a chance at full time employment and lied to from their very first day of work.

I quit training people a while back because I refused to lie to these unsuspecting folks trying to earn a dollar and feed their families.

This shit really wrenched my gut today.

At least now I will get 40 hours a week but I kind of think they let too many people go.

It's a light night at work and we can't even get it done with the few we have.

Out of the 7 people here, 1 is a manager and 1 a supervisor.

Sigh-
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    me too me too me too
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Yeah man fundamentally you are right and I'm sorry you had to go thru all that, you've been thru so much trauma this year an all. You gotta read between the lines with those gonts, bigly.

But at the end of the day 2 plus 2 equal four. it goes both ways cause ill just bet my last nickel that most of the workers would also have the good sense to drop the company in an instant if/when they found a better gig. Welcome to the gigabyte economy, there is no escape. This aint you're daddies workplace.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Temp is short for temporary.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    no, it's short for temperature

they hire people with abnormally low body temperature to combat covid spread
    Originally posted by Fonaplats It was suppose to be 3rd shift merging with 1st and 2nd so we could turn the lights off and not be here so much while we are slow.
    Then a couple people couldn't do the new hours and quit.
    I came into work today and only saw 3 people on my shift versus the 30 i was expecting.
    I was so dumb founded I didnt even clock in.
    By our start time our shift grew to 7 employees and that's all we have.
    3/4th of our employees (mostly temps) all got fired.

I know we are slow and that they were going to let a few go but damn…
    and right before Christmas 😭

This is why I don't trust my employer…

All these temps where brought in and promised a chance at full time employment and lied to from their very first day of work.

I quit training people a while back because I refused to lie to these unsuspecting folks trying to earn a dollar and feed their families.

This shit really wrenched my gut today.

At least now I will get 40 hours a week but I kind of think they let too many people go.

It's a light night at work and we can't even get it done with the few we have.

Out of the 7 people here, 1 is a manager and 1 a supervisor.

Sigh-

Merry Christmas.
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Merry Christmas.

I can 100% see you owning a business and doing this.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    How do you know it was your companies intention to not hire them? Maybe something durastic happened and they couldnt afford to permanently hire the temps? Thats why its called a temp job, because its temporary and nothing is guaranteed
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Also if your training people you need to ask for a raise unless that was what you were hired for
    Originally posted by Solstice I can 100% see you owning a business and doing this.

Not me, I'd wait till New Year after they'd already spent all their money.
    Originally posted by cigreting How do you know it was your companies intention to not hire them? Maybe something durastic happened and they couldnt afford to permanently hire the temps? Thats why its called a temp job, because its temporary and nothing is guaranteed

Telling Temps they have a chance at a full time position is an old motivation tactic to get them working hard while they are there rather than them laying around thinking "oh it's only a temp job why bother"
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Telling Temps they have a chance at a full time position is an old motivation tactic to get them working hard while they are there rather than them laying around thinking "oh it's only a temp job why bother"

So you can prove it was their intention to not hire them? How long have you been in management at the company fona works at?
    The New World Order's plan is to wipe out all small businesses, by hook or by crook.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Imagine firing people during a labor shortage lul I get paid when I call in sick
    Originally posted by aldra no, it's short for temperature

Being high on meth causes false positive covid temp checks. Win win
    Originally posted by aldra no, it's short for temperature

its for temptation.
    Originally posted by cigreting So you can prove it was their intention to not hire them? How long have you been in management at the company fona works at?

I've been in management for 30+ years at multiple companies...it's common practice to dangle a carrot in front of the temp and hourly folk. I thought it was common knowledge among the hourly folk too "Yeah sure you're going to hire me..."
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Telling Temps they have a chance at a full time position is an old motivation tactic to get them working hard while they are there rather than them laying around thinking "oh it's only a temp job why bother"

If they are a good worker why not keep them? I worked for a recycling plant when I was a teenager and 90% of the workforce was hired through temp agencies I would see new people every day and they had to wear blue helmets. A few of them became full time workers

sometimes I would see the same temps a few days in a row, I think they preferred to use temp workers because the place had a really high turnover.

Another time I was a temp seasonal worker and ended up working there for almost 5 years and went to christmas dinner every year at the bosses house.
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Being high on meth causes false positive covid temp checks. Win win

I passed a temperature check on meth once.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood If they are a good worker why not keep them?

Temps are cheap, Employees cost a lot, benefits...401/health insurance/vacation/unemployment insurance etc etc.

It's cheaper for a company to rotate Temps than take on perm employees for unskilled labor. When I worked at compaq my department had around 103 people...97 temps and 6 perm employees...the 6 perms were basically the supervisors and managers.
Jump to Top