User Controls

Watching Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978) on Retro Plex

Iron John Houston
    One of the better sci-fi movies of the 1970s. Has Donald Sutherland in it.

I remember going to see this in the theater when I was 12.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    I vaguely remember this movie scaring the shit out of me when I was a kid.
    Iron John Houston
    I vaguely remember this movie scaring the shit out of me when I was a kid.

Yeah, it's a very dark, creepy movie....people being replaced by plant pod clones.....and that dog with the guy's head.....

Iron John Houston
    Watching the end of the movie where Donald Sutherland discovers and destroys the pod-growing warehouse makes me think that Invasion of the Body Snatchers could be an allegory for the dangers of recreational drug culture causing people to be replaced by drugged out zombie versions of themselves, the pod-growing facility looks for all the world like a medical marijuana growing lab.
    Watching the end of the movie where Donald Sutherland discovers and destroys the pod-growing warehouse makes me think that Invasion of the Body Snatchers could be an allegory for the dangers of recreational drug culture causing people to be replaced by drugged out zombie versions of themselves, the pod-growing facility looks for all the world like a medical marijuana growing lab.

you should know better than this.

'recreational drugs' my ass.

a hundred years ago you could buy cocaine and heroin right off the shelf at the general store.

if anything, the western experiment with prohibition of substances is, much like communism, an artifact of the 20th century, and would be best left there.
    Iron John Houston
    you should know better than this.

'recreational drugs' my ass.

a hundred years ago you could buy cocaine and heroin right off the shelf at the general store.

if anything, the western experiment with prohibition of substances is, much like communism, an artifact of the 20th century, and would be best left there.

Cocaine and heroin may have been available unregulated for medicinal use, but they weren't used recreational except by deviants who should have been eliminated from society.
    Cocaine and heroin may have been available unregulated for medicinal use, but they weren't used recreational except by deviants who should have been eliminated from society.

In the middle east, was a time that they would fucking execute you for drinking coffee. coffee drinkers were considered degenerates.
    Iron John Houston
    In the middle east, was a time that they would fucking execute you for drinking coffee. coffee drinkers were considered degenerates.
    jedis popularized coffe-drinking among Europeans. The first coffee-houses opened in Europe were owned and run by jedis. As were many distilleries and wineries.
    jedis popularized coffe-drinking among Europeans. The first coffee-houses opened in Europe were owned and run by jedis. As were many distilleries and wineries.

yeah, but the point is, your distaste for 'recreational drug users' is a personal viewpoint, not an objective fact.

are animals, which are known to indulge in intoxicating substances, most notably birds eating overripe fruit, and reindeer and their pugnacious pursuit of amanita muscaria, 'deviant' for the simple and elemental behavior of altering their consciousness?
    Iron John Houston
    yeah, but the point is, your distaste for 'recreational drug users' is a personal viewpoint, not an objective fact.

are animals, which are known to indulge in intoxicating substances, most notably birds eating overripe fruit, and reindeer and their pugnacious pursuit of amanita muscaria, 'deviant' for the simple and elemental behavior of altering their consciousness?

They don't know any better.
    They don't know any better.

you don't know any better.
    Iron John Houston
    you don't know any better.

I know better, trust me.
    I know better, trust me.

I am just a deviant in your eyes, and you ask me to trust you......
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    oh hell yeah, its one of my favorites, john have you seen the reboot body snatchers from the 90's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okW2UfLNaJc

ever since i saw this movie im afraid to lay in a bath tub
    Iron John Houston
    oh hell yeah, its one of my favorites, john have you seen the reboot body snatchers from the 90's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okW2UfLNaJc

ever since i saw this movie im afraid to lay in a bath tub

No, haven't seen that one.

You know how it is....you grow up with one version, none of the reboots seem anywhere near as good.
    Iron John Houston
    I am just a deviant in your eyes, and you ask me to trust you……

I'm not the deviant.
    No, haven't seen that one.

You know how it is….you grow up with one version, none of the reboots seem anywhere near as good.

I know.. give it a try. they did it in an interesting way.

but yeah i liked the seventies version, it wascool how they used 2 of the same actor from animal house. It's a small world I guess.
    Iron John Houston
    I know.. give it a try. they did it in an interesting way.

but yeah i liked the seventies version, it wascool how they used 2 of the same actor from animal house. It's a small world I guess.

Yeah, the girl was banging Sutherland on the side in both movies.

^^^^^^
    I'm not the deviant.

what? you.....I.....

ehh, fuck it, never mind.....
Jump to Top