User Controls

COVID mutates to become vaccine resistant

This is never gonna be over lol just get a new shot every year whats the big deal??

https://www.ft.com/content/d88457da-6bbc-4f07-82a6-4738aa845492
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/health-pharma/biontech-chief-predicts-need-for-updated-covid-vaccines-next-year-1.4689927

The chief executive of the biotechnology group behind the first Covid-19 vaccine has said a new formulation is likely to be needed by the middle of next year to protect against the virus as it mutates.

Ugur Sahin, chief executive of BioNTech, told the Financial Times that as time passes, mutations will emerge that can evade the body’s immune defences. “This year [a different vaccine] is completely unneeded. But by mid next year, it could be a different situation,” he predicted.

A partnership between the German biotech and US pharmaceutical company Pfizer brought the first Covid-19 vaccine to market. It was also the first vaccine based on scary science thing technology to win regulatory approval, and has been the world’s best-selling drug this year.

In an interview with the FT, Sahin said the Covid-19 variants currently in circulation, particularly the Delta strain, were more contagious but not different enough to undermine the effectiveness of current vaccines.

Booster shots seem able to tackle the main variants, Sahin said. But the virus will eventually develop mutations that can escape the immune response bestowed by the vaccine, he said, necessitating a “tailored” version to specifically target the new strain.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood This is never gonna be over lol just get a new shot every year whats the big deal??s-next-year-1.4689927

No big deal, it's what we've been doing with the flu vaccine for eons...EONS...SINCE BEFORE MODERN MAN LEFT AFRICA.
    Ah yes back in the 70s I needed to get a flu shot every year to keep my job at the gas station or else I could risk killing some elderly person by transmitting a disease. Stay safe!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I got my flu shot for this year about 3 weeks ago, the band aid the pharmacy technician put on had a smiley face with a thumbs up on it. It made me feel special and that I was saving lives.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson No big deal, it's what we've been doing with the flu vaccine for eons…EONS…SINCE BEFORE MODERN MAN LEFT AFRICA.

would be all good and well if it was treated like the flu vaccine and society/the economy weren't restructured around it
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    All viruses evolve to evade immunity, that's why we have around a zillion cold and flu viruses going around instead of just one of each.
    Originally posted by aldra would be all good and well if it was treated like the flu vaccine and society/the economy weren't restructured around it

Early days, it will be eventually.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Early days, it will be eventually.

Incorrect. Power seized is never returned asshopper.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker Incorrect. Power seized is never returned asshopper.

non sequitur.
    Guys this is just corporatocracy, fuck democracy and voting. I say we allow multinational corporations to run a global no borders society and our historical culture becomes eroded by brand loyalty and marketing

Originally posted by Speedy Parker Incorrect. Power seized is never returned asshopper.

Incorrect anyway.

Afghanistan and the Taliban
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Guys this is just corporatocracy, fuck democracy and voting. I say we allow multinational corporations to run a global no borders society and our historical culture becomes eroded by brand loyalty and marketing

Sherri J. Tenpenny is an American anti-vaccination activist who supports the disproven hypothesis that vaccines cause autism.

That's a legit source then.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Incorrect anyway.

Afghanistan and the Taliban

Taliban in the 90s - Oppressed the people
    US Occupation - Oppressed the people
    Taliban uprising - Currently oppressing the people

We were supposed to let CORPORATIONS oppress them! get with the picture folx!

thats because your either too affraid to exercise your 2a and take it back, or because your 2a is totally effiminate and impotent to take anything back.

choose.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny thats because your either too affraid to exercise your 2a and take it back, or because your 2a is totally effiminate and impotent to take anything back.

choose.

He said returned not taken...though as I demonstrated that's not true either as the US recently returned power to the Taliban.
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Not true.

The Taliban took power back by scaring the Afghan government to run and hide.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole [my absentmindedly lachrymatory gazania]
    Originally posted by stl1 Not true.

The Taliban took power back by scaring the Afghan government to run and hide.

Do you know the definition of returned?
    Abandoning something KNOWING the previous owners will take possession = effectively returning it.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson He said returned not taken…though as I demonstrated that's not true either as the US recently returned power to the Taliban.

forcefully returned is still returned.

the difference between returned and taken is ownership.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny the difference between returned and taken is ownership.

That doesn't make sense Vincent

If something is returned to the previous owner...or something it taken back by the previous owner...the resulting ownership is the same.
Jump to Top