User Controls

How long does it take to purchase a house?

rabbitweed African Astronaut
    I'm interested in buying a house, but not where I am now (it's complicated, but I'm stuck in this jurisdiction until 2024).

So when covid calms its tits a bit, I plan to go to Australia and buy a house there. How the fuck long does that take? Weeks? Months?
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    i got one in 2 days one time
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    got one in 10 days
    one took a month
    alright. I'll block myself out a few months to be safe.

I've got major FOMO going on here. I need to secure myself something before all my hard earned savings get pissed away by spiralling real estate costs.

I'll rent the cunt out I guess, until I can live in it.
    Sorry but nobody here is an immigrant
    cigreting Dark Matter
    why the hell would you ever want to move to Australia?
    And i have no idea about a timeframe for Australia. Everywhere in the u.s. will be different based on the market at the time. It can be as short as a few days to a couple months.
    The biggest time saver is to get pre approved for a loan. The part that will usually take the longest is the appraisal
    blaster master victim of incest
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by cigreting why the hell would you ever want to move to Australia?

Because I'm from New Zealand.

It's a massive upgrade for me.
    Originally posted by cigreting why the hell would you ever want to move to Australia?

He hates freedom and never wants to start a business involving logistics.

Typical white remote work immigrants.

literally killing small white blue collar working communities.

Quick Mix Ready Dark Matter [jealously defalcate my upanishad]
    Originally posted by rabbitweed I'm interested in buying a house, but not where I am now (it's complicated, but I'm stuck in this jurisdiction until 2024).

So when covid calms its tits a bit, I plan to go to Australia and buy a house there. How the fuck long does that take? Weeks? Months?

In the United States. 14 days with cash. it takes time to transfer that much money regardless if the person literally has it in their hand. which can not be done, must be done through a cashiers check to the title company and though there is no lemon law of 3 days (cooling down) there is sort of a 14 day gap to make sure all of the paper work is in order.

if it's a loan the earliest is usually 30 days. many are 45 and some go into 60-90 days.

however a land or house auction can happen on the same day, but the deeds have to still be transferred. before they can auction they have to do a deed or title background for leans or holds. meaning if there is an attorney who secretly placed a lean on property or a hold because of someone in the family arguing claims they have entitlement to title.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood He hates freedom and never wants to start a business involving logistics.

Typical white remote work immigrants.

literally killing small white blue collar working communities.

That and Canada won't let me in.

They want low cost blue collar workers, or extremely successful self employed people.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by rabbitweed spiralling real estate costs.

in Australia? you missed the boat by like a decade

where are you looking to buy?
    Quick Mix Ready Dark Matter [jealously defalcate my upanishad]
    just keep digging around.

the desert is a place to buy shitloads of acres cheap. like 2k a piece. then you just truck water in. a big truck full of water is like 200-300 bucks probably.

should last you for showers and washing dishes. just make sure you put it in several 500 gallon tanks. (probably 4 cause I think a truck is 2000 gallons. or maybe it's 2000 lit I forget)

and place bromine tabs in it and then have it go to a secondary tank through a charcoal and sand enhancement. and into a energy saving dishwasher to sterilize on hot mode. drink bottle water. get a perc test for a septic tank and then installed if ti doesnt show high water levels.

and get solar power panels for energy. its a house. it's not a modern house but an off grid house is your's to live forever as long as you keep up the property tax and don't get sued.
    cigreting Dark Matter
    Have fun with rape accusations regularly. Not saying you are one but that place is a feminist shithole
    Also have fun losing all your shit if you ever get involved with a woman whether your married or not
    Originally posted by rabbitweed They want low cost blue collar workers, or extremely successful self employed people.

pretty much yeah. I know lots of indians and brownistans that get in by just applying for jobs on facebook and giving those papers to the government and they have family so we are like COME RIGHT IN, I don't really get it but yeah chinese people own all the property now. We are stupid internationalist whites but I have met some commonwealthers before mainly FROM Australia coming here to work

Originally posted by aldra in Australia? you missed the boat by like a decade

Australia is bigger than just Sydney. And besides, NZ is worse.

Originally posted by aldra where are you looking to buy?

SA.
    SA is famous for two things: churches and serial killers

I've never been there but honestly seems like a nice place if you don't mind the quiet.

what are you specifically asking about time? like, if you were to pay the entire value up front how long it'd take before you can move in?
    Originally posted by aldra what are you specifically asking about time? like, if you were to pay the entire value up front how long it'd take before you can move in?

It's more how long I'd have to be in the country to get it all done. I'll need some time to find a house I like, then I'm wondering how long after that I'd have to hang around to sort out the paper work.

I'm thinking I might spend a whole quarter getting it all sorted.
    there are people I could ask specifically but I don't think it'd take very long at all. if/when the borders open you can come visit for a week or two, find a nice place, buy it as an investment property from home (might need to pretend you're Chinese) thenn move in once you've got your residency and stuff sorted out
Jump to Top