User Controls

Samsung to remotely block looted TVs

Donald Trump Black Hole
    Samsung South Africa has now announced that they would be remotely blocking all TVs looted from shops during this period. They will do this using a security feature known as Television Block Function which is found in all modern Samsung Television sets. The block will be activated on all Television sets looted from their warehouses in Durban last month.

TV block is Samsung’s remote security feature which detects Samsung TVs that have been activated illegally and not by their rightful owners. The feature allows Samsung to remotely disable all functions on the affected Television set rendering it useless. Essentially it turns your stolen smart TV into nothing more than a heap of plastic with a screen.

A major weakness of the feature is that it only comes into effect when the culprit device connects to the internet.

As soon as the TV connects to the internet its firmware contacts Samsung’s servers to check if there is a block on the TV. The TV sends its serial number to the servers and if there is a block in effect the TV automatically disables itself.
    https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/bad-news-south-african-looters-samsung-moves-block-their-stolen-tvs
    that racist
    They should do that here in the US. 75% of black folk wont have a TV.
    niggers dont have internets.

anyway people should be creeped out by this news unless they are closeted exhibitionists that enjoy being spied on and upon.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    lol

surprised they're doing this now and not after the BLM riots
    I have a toshiba
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Mitsubishi
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    My religion bans television
    Originally posted by Solstice My religion bans television

When they said no TVs they didn't mean televisions...
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top