User Controls

reality control

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    an underlying reason for social upheaval in the west (especially over the last decade) is an explosion in the inability for people to accept that some things are simply out of their control - more specifically, that they're unable to reconcile their internal view of themselves with how they are perceived externally - so they attempt to enforce their internal view on the world. it's similar to cognitive dissonance in that they become frustrated because they cannot reconcile the internal and external interpretations, but in this case it's not because one of the conflicting ideas can't be discarded, it's because they cannot or will not relinquish control over how they are perceived by others. they now commonly refer to others' perception of them not matching their own as a form of 'violence' with claims such as 'misgendering' or 'deadnaming' as a common example.

'transgenders' and people inventing or invoking foreign 'gender identities' are probably the simplest example - people demanding to be perceived in a way contrary to how they appear - but they're only among the more extreme examples, far from the only ones.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    2 genders
    starting from the 80s or so, we were all told that we could 'be whatever we want' when we grow up - but what happens when what we want doesn't translate something we are capable of, or something we fail to compete at? what do we do when we want to be something that lies outside our reach?

we have two options - we can accept that what we want is not achievable and rethink our goals, or we can insist that the fault isn't ours and push the responsibility for reconciliation externally.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Most people, most of the time, don't actually understand what they are doing, why they are doing it, who they are, what really is happening, they don't question it, and even if they do whatever answers they find are usually wrong. Almost everything we do is the result of some combination of circumstances, chance and misunderstandings. We stumble our way through the darkness. Life is strange and incredible.
    the way i see it is its due to two things :

the end of absolutarian control of the state and society over their fellow citizens in the name of "human rights".

the end of struggle for food as most people on average spends only less than 1/4 of their daily lives working.

in the past its simply not possible to step too far out of societys norm before the lynch mob decends on you, and even when its possible, most of your time would be spent on securing food and firewood for the winter.

homosexuality for example, isnt something that just popped up in modern history. its widespread in the west since biblical times. its only now that theyre able to come out and force you to watch and accept them thanks to human rights.
    Originally posted by Obbe Most people, most of the time, don't actually understand what they are doing, why they are doing it, who they are, what really is happening, they don't question it, and even if they do whatever answers they find are usually wrong. Almost everything we do is the result of some combination of circumstances, chance and misunderstandings. We stumble our way through the darkness. Life is strange and incredible.

this only applies to the race of copypasters.
    People need to spent less time looking at the frog and more time eating it
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by aldra 'transgenders' and people inventing or invoking foreign 'gender identities' are probably the simplest example - people demanding to be perceived in a way contrary to how they appear - but they're only among the more extreme examples, far from the only ones.

So I realize transgenderism isn’t the extent of what you’re talking about here, but do you think it is wholly encompassed by “inability for people to accept”? I mean angry uncanny trans-whatevers calling for state violence to enforce their pronouns get a lot of attention for obvious reasons, but most trans people I’ve actually met are nothing like that. Specifically it seems entirely possible for a person with a dick to genuinely just want to dress like a woman without any illusions about how the world sees them or feeling a need to force a particular view of themselves on others (beyond basic civil liberties which are generally granted in the western world at least)
    mmG African Astronaut
    Originally posted by aldra an underlying reason for social upheaval in the west (especially over the last decade) is an explosion in the inability for people to accept that some things are simply out of their control

Specifically what do you mean by "social upheaval" here?

more specifically, that they're unable to reconcile their internal view of themselves with how they are perceived externally - so they attempt to enforce their internal view on the world.

I'm not sure I follow: you attempt to enforce your internal view on somebody else's subjective perception every time you try to convince them of something. There's no "reconciliation" being attempted in the first place.

In fact you impose your internal view upon "the world" every time you do anything. For example you internally view yourself as eating some fried chicken so you impose it upon the universe by doing it and bringing it out of your head. It's not going to enforce itself after all, you have to see something in the world isn't the way you wish to see it, then try to change it.

it's similar to cognitive dissonance in that they become frustrated because they cannot reconcile the internal and external interpretations

but in this case it's not because one of the conflicting ideas can't be discarded, it's because they cannot or will not relinquish control over how they are perceived by others.

That IS one of the conflicting ideas not able to be discarded. You're describing the same thing. You just think they should discard one of them, which they cannot, so it is kinda missing the point entirely.

they now commonly refer to others' perception of them not matching their own as a form of 'violence' with claims such as 'misgendering' or 'deadnaming' as a common example.

Do you really think they care about your perception or the fact that you are calling them something they just really hate being called?

If you call a gay guy a faggot out in public, they'll consider that a kind of violence not because they want you to not consider them as being literal tinder (although that's true I'm sure) but because you're being an aggressively rude asshole.

'transgenders' and people inventing or invoking foreign 'gender identities' are probably the simplest example - people demanding to be perceived in a way contrary to how they appear - but they're only among the more extreme examples, far from the only ones.

Let's say they get really good trans surgery. Like imagine an FtM transgender goes through their transition and in the end looks like this guy:

Would you be willing to say "he/him/his" for them? Or refer to them by their male name?
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    OP you're making the assumption that people spend their time in reality, but in fact reality sucks and most people spend their time in fantasy worlds, and this isn't something new - religion used to provide people this out in the past, the various weird social things like wokism, star wars, etc provide this sort of outlet now.

From an evolutionary psychology/HDB sperg point of view evolution selects for what works, not what is most honest. So for instance if people believe a bunch of pretty lies and are productive and have lots of kids, then that will be selected for above someone who is honest about the nature of the world, doesn't care about competing in the world, and doesn't see the benefit of bringing new lives into this world.

As a result we are evolved to be insane.

mmG African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Donald Trump OP you're making the assumption that people spend their time in reality, but in fact reality sucks and most people spend their time in fantasy worlds, and this isn't something new - religion used to provide people this out in the past, the various weird social things like wokism, star wars, etc provide this sort of outlet now.

From an evolutionary psychology/HDB sperg point of view evolution selects for what works, not what is most honest. So for instance if people believe a bunch of pretty lies and are productive and have lots of kids, then that will be selected for above someone who is honest about the nature of the world, doesn't care about competing in the world, and doesn't see the benefit of bringing new lives into this world.

As a result we are evolved to be insane.

You spend 18 hours a day online
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    when going against nature it only makes sense god would fuck ur head up for being a sodimist
    Originally posted by mmG

Would you be willing to say "he/him/his" for them? Or refer to them by their male name?

thats clearly a woman she has a vagina
    quick ones

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood 2 genders

not really what I'm talking about, on that topic I don't think gender should even be considered in any official capacity; categorisation for legal or official reasons should be based on biological sex

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood People need to spent less time looking at the frog and more time eating it

I am the scorpion

Originally posted by Lanny So I realize transgenderism isn’t the extent of what you’re talking about here, but do you think it is wholly encompassed by “inability for people to accept”? I mean angry uncanny trans-whatevers calling for state violence to enforce their pronouns get a lot of attention for obvious reasons, but most trans people I’ve actually met are nothing like that.

no, this isn't about trannies in general, I'm only talking about the outspoken activists who try to enforce their internal view on others

Originally posted by mmG

again, not what I'm talking about, but it's not really honest to use an outlier that excels in extreme trickery to make a point

I'll respond to the longer posts later
    Originally posted by mmG Let's say they get really good trans surgery. Like imagine an FtM transgender goes through their transition and in the end looks like this guy:

Would never happen...so a moot question/point.
    mmG African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Aldra again, not what I'm talking about.

What's not what you are talking about? Don't act like a fucking Wario-ass bitch, be specific.

but it's not really honest to use an outlier that excels in extreme trickery to make a point

Mmmmmm no, that's not going to work here, it's literally just a dismissal/handwaving-away of an example that is inconvenient for you and principally conflicts with your argument because you were LITERALLY fucking talking about being perceived differently vs how they actually look. THAT WAS THE QUOTE.

Would you use their pronouns or no?

From your evasive answer, I will guess: yeah, you are probably not going to go out of your way to call them "SHE", "HER" etc right?

In fact you might not even realize. And if you didn't realize they were trans for like the first 2 times you met them and then they told, would you go "WHOAAAA DECEPTION, SHE-HER TRANSFAGGOT ALERT! WOOP WOOP!"?

No you would probably just not give a shit because it's something that SHOULD be totally irrelevant to you even if it was kind of a big deal to them.
    mmG African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Would never happen…so a moot question/point.

That's FTM transgender Buck Angel

oh fantastic, go'llum's back

like I said, I'll deal with longer responses later
    mmG African Astronaut
    Originally posted by aldra oh fantastic, go'llum's back

Wrong again.

like I said, I'll deal with longer responses later

No you won't cuz you're a little

Originally posted by Lanny Specifically it seems entirely possible for a person with a dick to genuinely just want to dress like a woman without any illusions about how the world sees them or feeling a need to force a particular view of themselves on others (beyond basic civil liberties which are generally granted in the western world at least)

was that y you pretended to be a girl for years.
Jump to Top