User Controls

The fallacies of crypto "currencies".

many people parrot the common "wisdom" that crypto currencies arent the same as fiat money we use everyday because it can not be printed on whims and fancies by someone who claims to be the authority of its issuance. and this makes them somehow special with special values.

this, is wrong.

as long as crypto currencies can be bought, sold, hired, lended, rented, and converted freely and interchangeably with/between any and every fiat monies known to man,

then crypto "currencies" will be just as good as, if not being outrightly an extention of the fiat money we use in our everyday lives.

as long as we continue to evaluate the value and commanding power of these crypto currencies based on the value of our fiat monies, as long as that will these crypto currencies be just as fiat-ed as the fiat monies we use.

that is all.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    What happens when I'm backing up my wallet and the power goes out?
    Not trying to be a dick but I just don't trust digital money.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    I came here to say what you said, OP. As long as the value of crypto is based on the exchange rate to the dollar, it will never be better than the dollar.
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Crypto = free money.

OP thinks he's too smart to collect free money.

I'm glad I'm stupid.
    Originally posted by Ajax I came here to say what you said, OP. As long as the value of crypto is based on the exchange rate to the dollar, it will never be better than the dollar.

whats worse is when central banks are allowed to print tons of money out of thin air and these money ended up seeping into cryptos and devalue it as much as the fiats are.
    Originally posted by Donald Trump Crypto = free money.

OP thinks he's too smart to collect free money.

I'm glad I'm stupid.

ja but at least you admit its a tool to rip stupid people off. but some i saw really thought cryptos are special god money.
    n
Jump to Top