User Controls

Wireless bridging, how many ways to do it.

long story short, my smart tv is in my room and the only way it can connect to the internet is thru a lan cable and i dont want to drag a 40' lan cable from my room into the living room where my internet router is.

after searching around it appears the only cheap (cost $0) way to do this is by getting an old router i have laying around and set it as a wireless bridge.

is there any other setting or ways to set this up thats easier ? i ask because my old router doesnt have wireless bridge mode and so some firmware flashing is needed.
    CandyRein Black Hole
    Tell me you’re not Asian without telling me, you’re not Asian ?
    Yeah, you can move your TV closer to your router if you don't want to pull 40' of cable.

If you move it 10ft closer you'll only need 30ft of cable

If you move it 20ft closer you'll only need 20ft of cable

If you move it 30ft closer you'll only need 16ft of cable...10 for the router and 6 to kill yourself with.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Yeah, you can move your TV closer to your router if you don't want to pull 40' of cable.

If you move it 10ft closer you'll only need 30ft of cable

If you move it 20ft closer you'll only need 20ft of cable

If you move it 30ft closer you'll only need 16ft of cable…10 for the router and 6 to kill yourself with.

does 'easier' in english english have an opposite meaning.
    Originally posted by CandyRein Tell me you’re not Asian without telling me, you’re not Asian ?

alexa, are you jealous of asians.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny does 'easier' in english english have an opposite meaning.

No, moving the TV closer IS the easier option, other than not watching the TV.
    btw..."In my room"

...means you still live with mom.
    CandyRein Black Hole
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny alexa, are you jealous of asians.

Tell me you have athletic abilities difficulties without telling me.. you have athletic abilities difficulties?
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson No, moving the TV closer IS the easier option, other than not watching the TV.

your tv must be rather small.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson btw…"In my room"

…means you still live with mom.

grown men sleep in the living room, right.
    Originally posted by CandyRein Tell me you have athletic abilities difficulties without telling me.. you have athletic abilities difficulties?

alexa, how many languages can you understand.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny your tv must be rather small.

Modern LED TVs weigh nothing dude, a 70" is like 50lbs..lol, what a weakling.

Tell me you still have a Hiki era CRT without telling me you have a Hiki era CRT
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny grown men sleep in the living room, right.

Here's a thought, watch TV in the living room, and sleep in the bedroom...crazy thought I know.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Here's a thought, watch TV in the living room, and sleep in the bedroom…crazy thought I know.

lol, mommy wont let you watch tv before you go to sleep because you'll get knightmares.

yes ?
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny lol, mommy wont let you watch tv before you go to sleep because you'll get knightmares.

yes ?

I've got a TV in the bedroom and living room...1st world country, they are wireless.

Who the fuck has heard of a smart TV that requires a fucking hard wire connection...lololol
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Modern LED TVs weigh nothing dude, a 70" is like 50lbs..lol, what a weakling.

Tell me you still have a Hiki era CRT without telling me you have a Hiki era CRT

↑ doesnt have a cabinet, nice sound systems / players attached.

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I've got a TV in the bedroom and living room…1st world country, they are wireless.

Who the fuck has heard of a smart TV that requires a fucking hard wire connection…lololol

i couldnt afford 2 tvs, i'll admit that.

also my tv is capable of wireless but the proprietary wireless dongle thing is sold separately and i refuse to give extra money to the jéws twice for it.
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny ↑ doesnt have a cabinet, nice sound systems / players attached.

Cabinet??!?!? it's an LED TV...it's on the wall lolol.

Is your cabinet woodgrain too ala 1976?
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny i couldnt afford 2 tvs, i'll admit that.

also my tv is capable of wireless but the proprietary wireless dongle thing is sold separately and i refuse to give extra money to the jéws twice for it.

I'm just funning with you vincent, I'm sorry you are poor..one day your boat will come in and you'll have a lot of fish to eat.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/383900153842?hash=item59623b77f2:g:I3IAAOSwkYpfxLYy

$11.25
Jump to Top