User Controls

Scientific communities have a moral obligation to stop using the term "Invasive Species".

  1. #1
    calling a successful and thriving immigrant species "invasive" just because they arrive later than other specieses we know of is instilling prejudices in the young and malleable minds of our children.

    by reffering to a new species as "invasive" we are unwittingly teaching our kids the idea that some specieses are entitled special rights and priviledges to food and reproduction just because they were there first, despite not being as successful or adaptable as the "invading" species.

    and its only a matter of time before they grow up and apply this "scientific" worldview about plants and animal specieses to real, living, and breathing people, and needless to say,

    racism and xenophobia ensue.

    because if science says its ok for a certain species of "native" plants and animals to have special rights to the land they conquered first, then it is only scientific to say a certain race of people should have special rights and priviledges to the land their forefather found and conquered first.

    it is, and should be unconscienable for science to preach prejudice, racism and xenophobia in this mordern day and age and the scientific communities worldwide have a moral obligation to stop vilifying immigrants,

    be they viruses, bacterias, plants, animals or humans.

    a. moral. obligation.

    thank you.
  2. #2
    There's no good reason to invade a land you weren't born in, especially if you are invading a land you weren't born in to turn into the land you were born in.
  3. #3
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ There's no good reason to invade a land you weren't born in, especially if you are invading a land you weren't born in to turn into the land you were born in.

    thats exactly what god commanded.

    go forth and multiply in the multitude of sands.

    and thats also what our biology commanded.
  4. #4
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny thats exactly what god commanded.

    go forth and multiply in the multitude of sands.

    and thats also what our biology commanded.

    He never mentioned what sands go where.
  5. #5
    Kev African Astronaut
    not gonna morally justify imperialism, fuck off.

    because that then justifies revenge when the other side gains the upper hand and a cycle of massacres and wars becomes the norm.

    how about we stop acting like jungle monkeys and sit the fuck down?
  6. #6
    Originally posted by Kev not gonna morally justify imperialism, fuck off.

    because that then justifies revenge when the other side gains the upper hand and a cycle of massacres and wars becomes the norm.

    how about we stop acting like jungle monkeys and sit the fuck down?

    this is not an imperialism thread
  7. #7
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ He never mentioned what sands go where.

    which means he wanted them go everywhere.
  8. #8
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny which means he wanted them go everywhere.

    Then why did he give them different languages?
  9. #9
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Then why did he give them different languages?

    so that they spread further rather than coaleasing together.
  10. #10
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny so that they spread further rather than coaleasing together.

    Ok, how come Siberian tigers are only found in Siberia? How come African elephants are only found in Africa?
  11. #11
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Ok, how come Siberian tigers are only found in Siberia? How come African elephants are only found in Africa?

    thats a stupid question.

    because after the tigers and elephant went past siberia and africa they are called something else.

    the same way gulags outside siberia are called something else other than gullag,
  12. #12
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny thats a stupid question.

    because after the tigers and elephant went past siberia and africa they are called something else.

    the same way gulags outside siberia are called something else other than gullag,

    Alright, well that means Chinese Chineses went past China and were then called Invasive Chinese.
  13. #13
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Alright, well that means Chinese Chineses went past China and were then called Invasive Chinese.

    reread op
  14. #14
    Kev African Astronaut
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny this is not an imperialism thread

    your objection to the term "invasive species" justifies imperialism
  15. #15
    Originally posted by Kev your objection to the term "invasive species" justifies imperialism

    erm, thats not what imoerialism means.
  16. #16
    Kev African Astronaut
    im not gonna get into another semantic debate with you vinny
  17. #17
    anti semantics
Jump to Top