User Controls

is everyone evil

the contents of one's mind. i can't tell if everyone thinks of sick shit and the morality aspect is ignoring it, or the aspect of morality is what prevents those ideas from forming
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Not by a long shot. Do you consider yourself evil? If you are, are you operating on the assumption everyone is like you? If so, why should that be.
    because sometimes i feel all like

but other times i feel like

and is evil just the desire to have control? i can definitely see that in people
    there are normal people

there are psychopaths

and then there are people who don't think cute animals are cute

stay far away
    Wanting to be in control is human nature not evil necessarily.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Wanting to be in control is human nature not evil necessarily.
    I suppose it becomes 'evil' when you want to strip others of their control without their consent.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Mayberry Houston
    Everyone is fucking retarded
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I suppose it becomes 'evil' when you want to strip others of their control without their consent.

I agree.
    vaporwave Yung Blood

What if you are trying to strip someone of control that is evil? Then you are the evil one?

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][SIZE=12px]Evil is not an actual thing, everyone does things for their own reason, when people cant understand why someone would do such a thing, they call it evil. Alot of people call gays evil, simply because they dont understand why anyone would want to be gay. Evil is just a blanket term people use when they don't understand why something has happened.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][SIZE=12px]"Evil" is a moral judgement on human behavior. Its the lazy mans answer to "why did he do that"[/SIZE][/FONT]

I dont think that weird fetishes are all that evil. If you feel that way about it then thats on you
    Also have you ever thought that the only reason you find kittens cute is because you know you have complete control over them? Why aren't full grown lions all that cute?
    What if you are trying to strip someone of control that is evil? Then you are the evil one?

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][SIZE=12px]Evil is not an actual thing, everyone does things for their own reason, when people cant understand why someone would do such a thing, they call it evil. Alot of people call gays evil, simply because they dont understand why anyone would want to be gay. Evil is just a blanket term people use when they don't understand why something has happened.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][SIZE=12px]"Evil" is a moral judgement on human behavior. Its the lazy mans answer to "why did he do that"[/SIZE][/FONT]

I dont think that weird fetishes are all that evil. If you feel that way about it then thats on you
    Also have you ever thought that the only reason you find kittens cute is because you know you have complete control over them? Why aren't full grown lions all that cute?

Moral relativism is not the same as morality. I think good and evil does exist in a universal sense, people calling gays evil is just another form of moral relativism. I'd recommend UPB: A rational proof of secular ethics, for more in depth reading regarding this topic.

http://cdn.media.freedomainradio.com...lyneux_PDF.pdf

I'd summarize the authors points but i'm afraid i can't really do it any justice in a few sentences.

Basically he proves why ethical behavior is universally preferable and how one can use this framework of ethics to derive morals from it without the need for a deity or religion to 'set the standard' as it were. This is important because for a long time the notion of good and evil could only be 'explained' through divinity.
    vaporwave Yung Blood
    I just explained good and evil. Its nothing to do with divinity it has to do with your current moral judgement. To answer sploo's question yes everyone is evil to someone else.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Genkai was a pretty boss character. YYH was kinda shit (in the sense that all fight anime are shit) although I loved it when I was younger but she was one of the redeeming characters.

Anyway, desire for control is justified to the extent that a person can be expected to use it for the greater good. A good person who wants control over others is justified insofar as they'll use that control for the benefit of everyone. We have these cutesy folk sayings like "power corrupts" and whatnot and there's no doubt some level of truth to them but if you then that's a compelling argument for absolute disbursement of authority then you're a fool. The world needs strong people to make major decisions and there is a lot of inefficiency or corruption that's worth tolerating in exchange for the gains we can only collect with the help of an empowered (near)singular source of authority.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    Damnit lanny, stop being a subservient weenie. Believe in yourself, you can run your own life.....

I just explained good and evil. .

Lol no you didn't, you explained moral relativism.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Damnit lanny, stop being a subservient weenie. Believe in yourself, you can run your own life…..

There's nothing wrong with "subservience" or deference to authority when that authority is better qualified than you are. In fact the majority of things we do, we do by consulting a well qualified authority (when you're sick you consult medical authority, when you don't know something you consult the authority of someone more knowledgable, a minority of effective truths in our lives are self-discovered). It makes sense then that it's in everyone's interest to elevate the qualified to authority, and that when the qualified seek authority that's a good thing.
    Wolven Throne Yung Blood
    Evil is a tricky concept, to some people. anyway. I think a much easier question to answer would be "Is everyone occasionally a shit person?" Somehow, despite being more vague, its a much easier question to answer...At least, I think so.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    There's nothing wrong with "subservience" or deference to authority when that authority is better qualified than you are. In fact the majority of things we do, we do by consulting a well qualified authority (when you're sick you consult medical authority, when you don't know something you consult the authority of someone more knowledgable, a minority of effective truths in our lives are self-discovered). It makes sense then that it's in everyone's interest to elevate the qualified to authority, and that when the qualified seek authority that's a good thing.

Seeking a qualified opinion, or even hiring an expert, is a far cry from subservience.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    All of humanity is evil, as imperfection is inherent from birth.
    vaporwave Yung Blood
    Lol no you didn't, you explained moral relativism.

Which is what defines good and evil.
Jump to Top