User Controls

South Carolina and Montana to embargo their residents getting free federal money in effort to starve them back to work

Donald Trump Black Hole
    South Carolina plans to stop some of its federally-funded unemployment benefits to address "ongoing workforce shortages," according to the South Carolina governor's office, leaving many out-of-work residents without any support at all.

The state joins Montana, which announced a similar move this week.

"This labor shortage is being created in large part by the supplemental unemployment payments that the federal government provides claimants on top of their state unemployment benefits," Gov. Henry McMaster said in a statement on Thursday. "What was intended to be a short-term financial assistance for the vulnerable and displaced during the height of the pandemic has turned into a dangerous federal entitlement, incentivizing and paying workers to stay at home rather than encouraging them to return to the workplace."
    https://money.yahoo.com/south-carolina-cancels-federal-unemployment-benefits-212914813.html

Imagine voting for someone who hates to see you getting free money.
    Ghost Black Hole
    I read the facebook comments for local news and people feel the same way. Why the fuck should they have to go out and work and pay taxes so other people can just say MUH COVID and not work?

I don't agree at all with covid support relief, I think it's a huge scam and everyone took advantage because LOL FREE MONEY. I never got a dime that I wasn't already getting before covid and I have been doing just fine, even better actually with everyone locked down and dying.

When you're poor you want the economy to do bad because that just makes it easier for you to climb the ladder from the bottom. Other poor people are doing much better than me right now because they milk the fuck out of the system and have fifty kids and claim every benefit possible.

The pandemic has really opened my eyes and made me see the sinking ship, it's everyones fault, including my own for not doing enough to change things.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by Ghost Why the fuck should they have to go out and work and pay taxes so other people can just say MUH COVID and not work?

If someone is giving out FREE MONEY what right does someone else have to tell you "I don't you to have any of this this FREE MONEY that I'm not even handing out - I don't want you having it cos FREE MONEY will just make you lazy".

Imagine hating the concept of FREE MONEY.
    Nile bump
    Originally posted by Donald Trump If someone is giving out FREE MONEY what right does someone else have to tell you "I don't you to have any of this this FREE MONEY that I'm not even handing out - I don't want you having it cos FREE MONEY will just make you lazy".

Imagine hating the concept of FREE MONEY.

Ghost would never be a landlord or shareholder, or businessman, imagine just getting free money just cuz you own something, just imagine star trek.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Nothing is free. It's redistribution of wealth and it doesn't give me much incentive to become ultra wealthy when all that means is I just have to give the government more money.

That's why rich people don't just retire when they make a few million and buy that house and car. The government will bleed you dry unless you keep making dat money.

Originally posted by Nile Ghost would never be a landlord or shareholder, or businessman, imagine just getting free money just cuz you own something, just imagine star trek.

if you own property in any country on earth you have to pay property tax on that. Imagine owing money because you own a house, just imagine

Oh you hurt your back working for 40 years and can't pay the bill? The sheriffs will arrive shortly to remove you and put your house up for auction you PEASANT!
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by Ghost Nothing is free.

Wrong.

It's redistribution of wealth

That's a good thing, and it's going to happen anyway in the other 48 states. Cutting off the flow of free money into your state is just a betrayal of your own people. People vote for politicians to help them, not to fuck them up.

if you own property in any country on earth you have to pay property tax on that. Imagine owing money because you own a house, just imagine

Not true. Property taxes are an American thing, and mostly designed to keep blacks out.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Donald Trump Wrong.

you're wrong. If I pick up a rock off the ground and hand it you it is not a free rock. I gave it to you "free of charge" but the rock came from somewhere. I would not be able to give everyone a rock, I would run out and need to mine more rocks even if I was giving them away for nothing which costs time and money. Time is a limited resource and anything requiring it is not free, since the universe is governed by the flow of time that means nothing can be free.

Free just means you gave it to someone without receiving anything in return. That doesn't have anything to do with where it comes from.

Originally posted by Donald Trump That's a good thing, and it's going to happen anyway in the other 48 states. Cutting off the flow of free money into your state is just a betrayal of your own people. People vote for politicians to help them, not to fuck them up.

People vote for politicians that don't penalize being wealthy, because people believe you should be able to keep your wealth which is why they hide it in offshore swiss bank accounts and register every company in Delaware. Nobody wants to pay taxes, the professional world tries to pay as little amount as possible because you can make more money if you have more money.

Originally posted by Donald Trump Not true. Property taxes are an American thing, and mostly designed to keep blacks out.

If it works in America the rest of the world will do it too.
    Originally posted by Ghost if you own property in any country on earth you have to pay property tax on that. Imagine owing money because you own a house, just imagine

Imagine!
Jump to Top