2021-05-05 at 11:04 AM UTC
does anyone here invest? The forum desc. talks about investing, saving, finances, but most recent threads are about bills.
Interested in anyone's long term investments (don't care about short term gambling)
also inb4 aldra calls me a jedi for turning my money into more money
2021-05-05 at 11:14 AM UTC
Crypto / reasoning:
* XMR / accidentally invested in XMR by overestimating my appetite for dark market shopping 🤷♀️, figure I may as well hold onto it now
* ETH / NFTs are stupid but the idea of their blockchain as a proof-of-ownership platform seems good enough to entrench themselves, figure it'll reach at least 10k/eth in the next few years if not more
* LTC / I dunno, just diversifying a bit. Seems stable enough and the whole Bitcoin-style max coin thing makes me think it still has a way ahead
fuck doge, I can't take it seriously. I will probably be proven wrong.
Stocks / reasoning:
* UEC / nuclear power still seems massively underused, hopefully we don't all die of radiation
* YOLO & MSOS / see if the US cannabis market picks up as blockers to fed legalisation keep shrinking
* AAPL & AMZN / disgustingly rich companies gonna stay rich
* CRSP & BCRX & DVAX & NVAX / someone's gonna get rich on biotech, though this feels like a gamble with no idea which
* GME / because I'm an idiot, though I did buy at $90 so still currently being propped up by much bigger idiots
* MVIS / LiDAR seems like it has a long road ahead
* TSM / being ahead of the game in fabbing is essentially a problem of how fast you can print money
* ZM / not sure this was a good call, invested too late into the pandemic and video calling seems to have plateaued - but I figure give it a few years and they'll find new ways to extract cash from all the enterprise markets they're entrenched in
* UBER / they seem like real cunts over there, always a positive signal
overall strategy is the simple idea that time in the market beats timing the market, no day trading / p&d. Only buy things I plan to hold for 5-10 years, and hoping the good choices outweigh the bad
2021-05-05 at 12:06 PM UTC
Forex and stock.
2021-05-05 at 12:53 PM UTC
I mean … which stocks, or currencies, are you invested in and why? It's nice that you have money, but choices are more interesting.
2021-05-05 at 1:12 PM UTC
I own some Bitcoin, Etherium, Monero, Bitcoin Cash, and some Brent Crude ETFs and some oil company stocks.
It's super easy, but I'm thinking of dumping the shitty crypto investment, that shit is a pure bubble.
2021-05-05 at 1:54 PM UTC
this shit is only a little bit less random than pure gambling, you cant really predict the future and the game is incredibly rigged. its also a huge test of patience. the more patient ones win long term, not the spastic derplords who freak out at the slightest downward blip and sell all their shit in panic like during march of last year during the covid psychodrama. i bought way more of my company's stock during the crash and made a 500% return 6 months later, an easy 10-20k right there.
essentially you gotta do the opposite of what normies do. when they all buy, you sell, when they all sell, you buy. i think buffett said that.
2021-05-05 at 1:58 PM UTC
You wouldn't believe how little I have invested.
my stonkies are hornier than me at anytimee fitness when i know the workers aren't there, just breeding out, fatass stonkies
my snakes r fat, bestla (my fav is abouot too breed) and that will result in having + 6 to 9 snakies in a few months.
It's all very diverse. I have some guppies and I bought like 4 boxes of five hour energies.
I plan on dying in my mid to late 40s.
2021-05-05 at 3:06 PM UTC
you buy a foreign currency for $1 and then sell it when it's worth #2
2021-05-05 at 3:21 PM UTC
a forex is a foreign exchange that exchanges foreign currency for profit.
investing in foreign currency would be like going to a chinese bank and buying bonds.
2021-05-05 at 3:21 PM UTC
The prices change and you make moniez upon sale therefore you invested.
2021-05-05 at 6:42 PM UTC
The following users say it would be alright if the author of this
post didn't die in a fire!