User Controls

making a forum

omg Yung Blood
    Programming my own webforum

what cool features should i add?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    a captcha that always makes you type 'death to israel'
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Make it like the inside of a space ship.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    How are you programming it? Are you using a framework for PHP? Or perhaps another language, or are you using a CMS/whatever.
    0Death Yung Blood
    Nice work! I am working on a forum software myself, only really hobbyist purpose though. For the purpose of getting up my php and sql knowledge more. But here's some suggestions.

Would be cool to have:
    • Username above avatar, instead of under it. Keep admin/mod/member status under it instead
    • Display some userstats in a box under the avatar.
    • Show the subforums in a list/table/flexbox instead of current "dropdown" menu.
    • No google recaptcha, use something else (… that doesn't belong to google, frankly I don't trust google.) like GraphComp 3d captcha.
    • Formatting options such as bbcode or markdown.

But if we are talking about some even cooler features, I think it could be cool to have:
    • Bcrypt algorithms for password.
    • Thank feature or anonymous reputation points which can be given and taken from users (see evilzone forums).
    • Some kind of smaller post feed with the last x posts displayed.

Well I probably have even more ideas, but it is best to get the basics down first.
    Use mongo database
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Use mongo database

Jump to Top