User Controls

i am reborn

netstat African Astronaut
    The author of this post has returned to nothingness
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Nile bump
    Sooo how about those gnostic mystery cults?
    WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    Originally posted by netstat into the same life i have always been born into

Long live InfinityShock.
    Originally posted by netstat into the same life i have always been born into

the same has been uttered by every pieces of turd that has ever came out of assholes.
    Nile bump
    Perception management and the break down of consensus Reality: Techniques and Observations.

What is a man? A bundle of muscle and perception. What is his worth but in the services he performs, how do we best harness these masses of fibrous kinetic potentialities?

By utilizing soft mind control via information management. But also structuring values to best reinforce themselves, stability and the status quo.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Nile bump
    J/K im bored.
    Nile bump
    The technical aspects are only valuable insofar as they reinforce the psychological framework.

Our prisons are created in the mind, the material used are beliefs and broken will, the guide posts are deprivation, satietion, illusions and desires.
    Nile bump
    Honestly though the internet of things opens the door to crazy amounts of environmental manipulation, which can be utilised towards psychological manipulation. Throw in wide scale pharmacology targeted via surveillance and perception shaped via algorithms design and refined toward designing individual realities and the future could be a really fucked up affair.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I had a fight with three piggies; "your enemy seems to be within!"

Originally posted by Nile Sooo how about those gnostic mystery cults?

I am interested in gnosticism for obvious reasons

Nihil you should read a little about neurolinguistic programming, I think you'd find it fascinating if you're not already familiar
    Nile bump
    Originally posted by aldra Nihil you should read a little about neurolinguistic programming, I think you'd find it fascinating if you're not already familiar

I'll look into it.
    Nile bump
    Originally posted by aldra I am interested in gnosticism for obvious reasons

The Demiurge as either incompetent or evil and the material world being corrupted from the get go is a really pessimistic cosmology but at least everything is fucked and it's not just people being corrupted by knowledge.

Salvation being achieved by knowledge instead of one being damned due to it. Hmmm.
    Originally posted by Nile The Demiurge as either incompetent or evil and the material world being corrupted from the get go is a really pessimistic cosmology but at least everything is fucked and it's not just people being corrupted by knowledge.

Salvation being achieved by knowledge instead of one being damned due to it. Hmmm.

I'm interested in the concept of there being a fragment of 'goodness' in living things and the possibility for it to escape this awful world

the heirarchy of demiurges seems silly to me though, because if you're going to say that God is good but his creation was undermined by bad gods, you either end up with a 'good' God that can't keep his affairs in order or an endless series of demiurges
    Originally posted by Nile The Demiurge as either incompetent or evil and the material world being corrupted from the get go is a really pessimistic cosmology but at least everything is fucked and it's not just people being corrupted by knowledge.

there were some gnostic cults that believed all paths to salvation were trickery, and the only way to shed their physical being was to contravene all that was considered 'good' which usually translated to breaking every rule in the bible.

fun fact - the word 'bugger', as in sodomy, comes from Bulgar because there were several gnostic cults in the region that believed this
    Nile bump
    I think of it more so as god being greater than creation, unbound by time or space existing beyond comprehension whereas the Demiurge can be reduced to perception via his alleged works or something.
    in that scenario we have no access to God, only dickish demiurges
    Nile bump
    Originally posted by aldra there were some gnostic cults that believed all paths to salvation were trickery, and the only way to shed their physical being was to contravene all that was considered 'good' which usually translated to breaking every rule in the bible.

fun fact - the word 'bugger', as in sodomy, comes from Bulgar because there were several gnostic cults in the region that believed this

Yeah I could see that. Veils, secrets, mirrors and illusion.

Taboos broken bind covens and cabals.
    if you're into podcasts I can upload a really good episode of Bronze Age Pervert's that talks a lot about gnosticisim in general, but more specifically the Cathars
    Nile bump
    I have a few books on the phone to read. But sure.

Probably start with allogenes.

This thread is now under our control.
    I'll share it in #nis shortly
    netstat African Astronaut
    The author of this post has returned to nothingness
Jump to Top