User Controls

Watching a video but the subtitles don't match the language they're translating

Data African Astronaut
    Really fucking irritating
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    knockoff asian dvds used to sometimes have really bad custom subtitles for some reason, like "The Empire Strikes Back" was subtitled "Backstroke of the West"

the best one I ever saw was some shitty Daredevil VCD that, even though it was in english had hard english subtitles that didn't make any sense. in one scene a guy had been thrown out a window, and the dialogue between the investigators who found the body was summarised as "he fuck himself up"
    Quick Mix Ready Dark Matter [jealously defalcate my upanishad]
    Originally posted by aldra knockoff asian dvds used to sometimes have really bad custom subtitles for some reason, like "The Empire Strikes Back" was subtitled "Backstroke of the West"

the best one I ever saw was some shitty Daredevil VCD that, even though it was in english had hard english subtitles that didn't make any sense. in one scene a guy had been thrown out a window, and the dialogue between the investigators who found the body was summarised as "he fuck himself up"

thats an american saying that he did it to himself.. he self fucked around and self found out, dont aussies use that expression?
    Data African Astronaut
    idk but im not reading that shit
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    it was more that a minute-long conversation over whether it was an accident, suicide or murder was condensed to "he fuck himself up"
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    glad to hear it,, get used to it cuz ur gonna me more irrotated when TRUMp comes back to the white house and starts arresting lefty cunts for burning down this great country
    Originally posted by aldra knockoff asian dvds used to sometimes have really bad custom subtitles for some reason, like "The Empire Strikes Back" was subtitled "Backstroke of the West"

theyre more like pirated than knock off.

knock offs refers to cheap immitation products. pirated stuffs are identical copies of copyrighted material.

also the titles were fucked up because everything, titles included were first translated into chinese for china consumption amd whoever copied them for the west just retranslate them into english.

even if you use google translate to translate chineses into english and them back the same result happens.

which is why §m£ÂgØLs chinese are all fucked up.
    Data African Astronaut
    Originally posted by aldra it was more that a minute-long conversation over whether it was an accident, suicide or murder was condensed to "he fuck himself up"

Nice
Jump to Top