User Controls

Literate Niggas in Space Book Club. All Education Levels are Welcome.

Bradley Black Hole
    Hey everyone. This is my first time leading a book club online and my first time leading a book club focusing on fiction instead of religious books.

The book we're going to be starting with is Blood Meridian a 1985 Epic Novel by some guy whose last name reminds me spices McCormac or some shit. The book is 340 pages about and due to the wild success of "No Boners for Older Men" by the same author, this book has wide availability in English speaking nations.

I actually asked the library if they could inter library loan it for me and they said they have two copies on hand and i have a small town library.

So @ 340 pages, if you'd like to be in our book club we will be under the assumption you can read 10 pages a day. Thus we'll do weekly discusions @ 70 pages, 140, 210, 280 and 340. Figure five weeks/month.

YOu will be expected to post at least once a week even if you're just insulting another member or adding nothing.

As always please don't ruin the endings, but if you do, you do, that's called life and part of being in a book club.

We start 4/13 Tuesday.

In a loosely historical context the narrative follows a fictional teenager referred to as "the kid," with the bulk of the text devoted to his experiences with the Glanton gang, a historical group of scalp hunters who massacred aboriginal Americans and others in the United States–Mexico borderlands from 1849 to 1850 for bounty, pleasure, and eventually out of nihilistic habit. The role of antagonist is gradually filled by Judge Holden, a physically massive, highly educated, preternaturally skilled member of the gang who is extremely pale and completely bald from head to toe.

Blood Meridian - Cormac (1985)

Please post if you have interest in this.
    Bradley Black Hole
    Cormac McCarthy
Jump to Top