User Controls

Exporting information to entities with CSV vs Google Sheets?

Data African Astronaut
    Which one should I use?

Trying to automate the process but I can't get it done with CSV for some reason.

Does anyone know a good way to automate this with an email client from local files? How do I download files on a scheduled basis?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Do you have a particular reason to not use Google Sheets? If you're just a filthy casual, you probably don't so don't reinvent the wheel.

That said, CSV is more a format, kind of like XML, JSON, etc. Formatting instructions really.

Which email client? Which OS? Do you have access to the client API? If not you can still do it, API access would just make your life that much more simple when it comes to automation of this sort.
    Data African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie Do you have a particular reason to not use Google Sheets? If you're just a filthy casual, you probably don't so don't reinvent the wheel.

That said, CSV is more a format, kind of like XML, JSON, etc. Formatting instructions really.

Which email client? Which OS? Do you have access to the client API? If not you can still do it, API access would just make your life that much more simple when it comes to automation of this sort.

I do have a reason but I may need to use .xlsx too. I can be flexible, I don't really give a fuck, but others might. Just covering my bases.

Using Thunderbird. Not sure why OS matters but I am using Windows 10. I have access to the API but I don't know what to do with it. I'm only on lesson 3 of my web dev course OK???

I used a plugin to automate the other processes but it won't do these for whatever reason. I was hoping to avoid messing with the API and check this off the list today. Pretty much everything I read suggested what you're suggesting and said it was a quick fix. But it's not very quick when you've just googled 'what is an API' for the first time a last night.
    Nah, nah, nah. You want to learn what an API is. Fo Sho. Then you need to figure out in what languages the API is available, and i mean programming languages, no habla ingles shit.

OS matters, for support. Which languages/frameworks/what have you are supported.

If your goal is to learn web dev, see if there is a NodeJS way of messing with the API.
    Do you know what the Plugins are developed in?
    Data African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie Nah, nah, nah. You want to learn what an API is. Fo Sho. Then you need to figure out in what languages the API is available, and i mean programming languages, no habla ingles shit.

OS matters, for support. Which languages/frameworks/what have you are supported.

If your goal is to learn web dev, see if there is a NodeJS way of messing with the API.

Should I just jump into fukkn with API or will I be out of my depth you think? I've avoided learning about it for now because I have other things I'm trying to set up first.

I think just typical web dev languages? HTML/Javascript/CSS/sometyparubything. I don't really know. I've heard it's a quick javascript fix.
    Data African Astronaut
    The most 'coding' I've done is just copy/pasting
    Originally posted by Data Should I just jump into fukkn with API or will I be out of my depth you think? I've avoided learning about it for now because I have other things I'm trying to set up first.

I think just typical web dev languages? HTML/Javascript/CSS/sometyparubything. I don't really know. I've heard it's a quick javascript fix.

Originally posted by Data The most 'coding' I've done is just copy/pasting

You'll probably be out of your depth, a quick javascript fix means nothing if you can't write javascript, NodeJS is a flavor of javascript. But fear not, you can do your web dev course first and get to understand some of the basics and then try. Or you can jump in headfirst. You'll get stuck and frustrated, but if you persevere, i find that jumping in headfirst is the best way of really learning something.

Your choice.
    Data African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sophie You'll probably be out of your depth, a quick javascript fix means nothing if you can't write javascript, NodeJS is a flavor of javascript. But fear not, you can do your web dev course first and get to understand some of the basics and then try. Or you can jump in headfirst. You'll get stuck and frustrated, but if persevere, i find that jumping in headfirst is the best way of really learning something.

Your choice.

I'm leaning towards doing the course first. I want to pay an Indian, but I also want to understand what's going on. The good thing is I can still automate the google sheets and the plugin at least will export the info I need. Manually sending that off/inputting return files isn't THAT much of a hassle really. Just kinda gay that it's not already included as a feature. I'll at least circle back to it when I'm a little further along in the course.

Thankz 4 tha help pedo faggot now get fucked.
    Good luck you Mexican queer I hope the cartels or ICE get you.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top