User Controls

Reminder that the idea of taxes was only palatable because...

Antifa Member African Astronaut
    It was promised (and delivered) that taxes would only be for the rich. Poor people would pay nothing.

Before then, Governments were basically just a corporation expected to make money in their own way. For most of human history, taxes were collected only from the wealthy. The poor couldn't afford it.

Over the last 200 years, tax on the middle and lower classes became a thing.

Just saying.
    Nile bump
    The Government? which one man, there's been a fuck load of polities through out human kinds history.

And no, for most of time everything Power has or controlled was taken by force or trickery from the lower orders through rents, taxes or services owed. Either to a king, bishop, lord or whatever rulers titled themselves with. The game doesnt change.
    Originally posted by Nile The Government? which one man, there's been a fuck load of polities through out human kinds history.

And no, for most of time everything Power has or controlled was taken by force or trickery from the lower orders through rents, taxes or services owed. Either to a king, bishop, lord or whatever rulers titled themselves with. The game doesnt change.

okay but you know lords only gathered taxes from vassals right? Land owners, smaller lords, etc. Feudalism has always worked like that. Most of the populace did not get directly taxed. Even today there are still a lot of places where people just don't pay taxes because the government doesn't have the power to collect. A lot of Asia, Africa, and South America are still like that.

I'm talking about all government. Taxing the low and middle class is very new. Read up on it. Humans have NEVER taxed the poor until recently (200-300 yrs ago). You didn't tax slaves. You didn't tax serfs. You didn't tax the workers.

Now we do because we can get away with it and the general standard of living is FAR higher than it was before, but economic inequality is still about the same and will probably continue to get even more insane as decades pass. Countries like India and China do a great job at showing this.
    Originally posted by Antifa Member It was promised (and delivered) that taxes would only be for the rich. Poor people would pay nothing.

And that's exactly how it works in reality.

You think your $3 a week actually covers the cost of all the tax funded services you use both directly and indirectly?

Fucking lol.

You pay in $3...you get $100 worth of services/benefits etc...that's how it works
    livingelegy motherfucker [my polyoicous forward graciousness]
    And how are you supposed to run a government without taxes? The money doesn't just fall out of the sky dingbat.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson And that's exactly how it works in reality.

You think your $3 a week actually covers the cost of all the tax funded services you use both directly and indirectly?

Fucking lol.

You pay in $3…you get $100 worth of services/benefits etc…that's how it works

Yeah... Someone hasn't looked at the recent census

Originally posted by livingelegy And how are you supposed to run a government without taxes? The money doesn't just fall out of the sky dingbat.

They run a corporation dumbass. This is like asking how Walmart stays afloat while paying its workers.
    They begged the people for income tax, insisting it was merely a temporary measure, and the people were stupid enough to believe it.
    Nile bump
    Originally posted by livingelegy And how are you supposed to run a government without taxes? The money doesn't just fall out of the sky dingbat.

No it's conjured from thin air, fractional reserve banking is some bullshit. but its bullshit that seems to work i guess.
    Nile bump
    Originally posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ They begged the people for income tax, insisting it was merely a temporary measure, and the people were stupid enough to believe it.

I thought it was implemented during the first world war here in canadia, or is that the GST? i feel like the value of income tax isnt so much the revenue generated but the information gathered. What you did, with who, where the exchanges took place, the services performed etc.
    Originally posted by Nile No it's conjured from thin air, fractional reserve banking is some bullshit. but its bullshit that seems to work i guess.

Lmao. Currency is conjured from thin air. The value of it is not. The value of a state's money is and always has been determined by a nation's wealth. There's really no escape. I could get into the theories surrounding this but eh
    There's never any real shortage of money, because they possess the printing presses. Need trillions more? No problem. Just print it, pack it, and ship it out. It's as cheap as paper and ink. There's no real backing for any of it. It's all a mirage. They want you to think they are struggling with massive debts, but it's actually the exact opposite. And they all work together. Internationally. In an alliance. Even the "enemy countries" are equal partners. To create the mirage. To make you think the way they want you to think. And most do. Because most people are just mindless sheep. Obedient. Sub-servient. Cowardly.
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    No politician should be able to vote in favor of overseas military intervention if they didn't contribute at least one multi-billion dollar vessel to the country's Navy.
    Nile bump
    Originally posted by Antifa Member Lmao. Currency is conjured from thin air. The value of it is not. The value of a state's money is and always has been determined by a nation's wealth. There's really no escape. I could get into the theories surrounding this but eh

Dude the $USD is the main instrument of US imperialism. It's value is the faith people have in americans to deliver on their promissory notes. In goods or services, except if you look at the import-export ratios the main thing the US exports is Dollars, Weapons and Propaganda and Security in a sense. If people were to lose Faith in americans to deliver on there promises the US would be fucked by like crazy hyper inflation. Weimar germany type shit.
    netstat African Astronaut
    edited for privacy
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    im not reading any of that. HTS do you have anything else to say??? I'll read your posts any day cutie
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    >serfs didn't pay taxes under feudalism

Obvious troll is obvious
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Lanny >serfs didn't pay taxes under feudalism

Obvious troll is obvious

So what you're saying is literally nothing has changed. Serfs are still paying taxes under feudalism. I bet wealthy burghers had enough power to financially pressure government into granting them leeway with regard to taxation too. Oh god. Nothing has changed. NOTHING EVER CHANGES.
    Originally posted by Meikai So what you're saying is literally nothing has changed. Serfs are still paying taxes under feudalism. I bet wealthy burghers had enough power to financially pressure government into granting them leeway with regard to taxation too. Oh god. Nothing has changed. NOTHING EVER CHANGES.

hey cutie I read this post
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Originally posted by Antifa Member hey cutie I read this post

🥰
Jump to Top