User Controls

1995 the best era in gaming guys?

Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    Robert Mugabe African Astronaut
    Lol for poor people
    lol alice in chains 3 legged dog just look at that album cover grwphic design

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Chains_(album)
    how is me pointing out the best yesr or decade spamming you hill illy?
    Originally posted by Wariat how is me pointing out the best yesr or decade spamming you hill illy?

You contribute nothing but mindless Autism
    Ghost Black Hole
    nah it sucked kinda like you OP
    Originally posted by Robert Mugabe You contribute nothing but mindless Autism

and what have u contirbuted besides your narcissij how great you are sort of like trump ur hero and talking shit of others?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I remember that comix game, it was pretty cool
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Wariat and what have u contirbuted besides your narcissij how great you are sort of like trump ur hero and talking shit of others?

I am the all, omnipotent TOTSE-ZOKLET/ embodiment amongst others.

You are and will never be, one of us. You were a victim on Zoklet, and will continue to be for all eternity.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    off the top of my head, from that era I liked Earthworm Jim, Commander Keen, Jazz Jackrabbit, Cosmo and some other shareware shit
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    how was I a victim on zoklet? I was an beta male.
    Ghost Black Hole
    Originally posted by Wariat how was I a victim on zoklet? I was an beta male.

WAS
    Originally posted by Ghost WAS

IS
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Wolfenstein 3D and Doom came out a couple years prior. Warcraft 1 as well. Warcraft 2 and the original Command & Conquer in all their glory came out in 1995 itself. So yeah, 1995 was a pretty good time I guess. Lots of really solid games available in that era. The thing is though, gaming's not like music. There are no live shows to miss out on because the band broke up or got too old to tour. With vidya, the passage of time always makes for a better era. With a bit of elbow grease or some old technology you can still play every game you could in 1995. And every game that's come out since. In that way, 2021 is the best era in gaming - and 2022 will be even better.

If we're talking about single years in which great games came out, I would point to 1998 as being a bit better than 1995 I spose. And if we're talking timespans, a lot of absolute gems game out 1993-2001 (at least in the PC space, although consoles were surely pumping out the classics during that period as well).
    Meikai Heck This Schlong
    Actually, I guess as online gameplay became more and more popular there absolutely have been the equivalent to bands that stopped touring. You can still play Halo 2 online, but it's not Halo 2 on Xbox Live in 2005. Servers shut down for some games and you can just never play them again too. Kinda sad. The "games as a service" model is kinda cancer.
Jump to Top