User Controls

Anyone here a Linux user?

Ebola Cola Houston
    I tried loading Ubuntu from the main distro and it became more and more boggy and rickity in behavior.

someone told me Mint Linux is really popular. you can install using the sudo whatever command but it comes with a better installer than ubuntu does. unbutu has trouble installing certain formats. I'm new to Linux. I mean I used it years ago but forgot how to do most of the commands (which becomes simpler with use)

There was another4 Linux that didn't have bog ware on it. and it was basic and simple and fast and you could then load what you truly want to use on it.

I feel like once you install something, even on linux, there is a file left behind (that might be a system file shared?) that when it runs through its command lines to load some other shit that it slows the system down. more and more. So I want something with "Must have" system shit. I dont mind the Micro-Suck like Office (Libre?) but outside of that. the basics. You know, terminal (obviously) maybe a calculator, datebook, but then add what I want. including some purchase level files.

Please don't be a dick and troll this with nigger and Its the jedis fault.

God Bless all of you
    blaster master victim of incest
    Ebola Cola Houston
    Originally posted by blaster master I dont have much to contribute as to current information, I haven't used linux in years, but used to be a regular ubuntu user. It's a shame to hear it has become more boggy and rickity. When I first started using it in like the 9th version, and back then it ran smoother than windows. I think the last time I ran it was like 17th version and it def still ran decent, but I missed the simplicity of old ubuntu.

they're not making computers with faster processor specs. Someone told me that when computers become more compact (laptop or mini work stations) the Ghz range slowed back down to 1.xGhz range from the 3.xGhz range because (they ran to hot) but as these OS advance they seem to run slow on certain programs where you have to manually make what your working with priority (at least in windows)

it's tricky to do. there seem to be a point where more ram doesn't do shit. it's almost overkill. I remember 3.4Ghz on some of the desktops and then as the cases got smaller the processors that were newer generations started making CPU's back in the 1.2-3 Ghz range. I found that odd.
    blaster master victim of incest
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    netstat African Astronaut
    edited for privacy
    Ebola Cola Houston
    Originally posted by netstat linux is a lot better than windows wrt not leaving shit that slows everything down on the system, the command line tools are generally pretty good at managing dependencies and keeping the system free of leftover packages and files if you know how to use them ie. on ubuntu/mint/debian

apt remove <package> (removes package and usually some of its dependencies)
    apt purge <package> (removes package, some of its dependencies and leftover config files)
    apt autoremove (removes unused dependencies)
    apt autoremove –purge (removes unused dependencies and leftover config files)

ubuntu is moving more and more of its packages to that retarded snap system though, which might be why people report it getting slower and shittier and more bloated over time

from a quick search mint appears to rip out snap completely and you can just use apt to manage everything

mint used to have security issues caused by arbitrarily holding back security updates if the maintainers thought they had some chance of breaking the system during installation, but afaik that was resolved a few years ago so it's probably an okay choice and better than ubuntu these days

Well I was on jumpin and some douchbag did something to my boot system an trashed mint. it wont load. I said they all worked for Mossad and I was kind of joking but apparently some were from Israel. Oh well

I'm going to reinstall it again. I want to back up all of these meme files for nostaligia when I'm older to reflect on these crazy covide shut in days. I will even name the folder "Shit that humored me 4 covid" or something shorter

I want to rid the 3-4 partitians into 2 equal ones (plus system thing) and run a clean mint and leave the other one blank until I load something else in it. I hate windows 10. when is the next Windows OS due?
    Ghost Black Hole
    no, i am not gay
    Ebola Cola Houston
    Originally posted by Ghost no, i am not gay

I bet you use a Mac and an Iphone. Trendy fag
    Ghost Black Hole
    Apple is the worst of the lot. Linux is for edgelords and communists
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Mighest Houston
    I've been using Ubuntu since 10.04 as my primary OS and I think it usually runs great.

If you do a fresh install and are getting error messages, you need to reinstall. This happens on my secondary laptop and I think it has more to do with a bad hard drive or possibly bad RAM.

What are you trying to install?
    WellHung Black Hole
    I prefer Savoskan software. Always have, always will. THANKS.
Jump to Top