User Controls

Power failures in Texas was a disaster waiting to happen

but not for the reasons the media is telling you.

The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) manages the flow of electric power to more than 26 million Texas customers – representing about 90 percent of the state's electric load. As the independent system operator for the region, ERCOT schedules power on an electric grid that connects more than 46,500 miles of transmission lines and 680+ generation units. It also performs financial settlement for the competitive wholesale bulk-power market and administers retail switching for 8 million premises in competitive choice areas. ERCOT is a membership-based 501©(4) nonprofit corporation, governed by a board of directors and subject to oversight by the Public Utility Commission of Texas and the Texas Legislature. Its members include consumers, cooperatives, generators, power marketers, retail electric providers, investor-owned electric utilities, transmission and distribution providers and municipally owned electric utilities.

Does anyone here remember Enron? This is literally the same thing, except back in the early 2000s we didn't have natural disasters and a pandemic so it wasn't that big of a deal. But now they are doing this shit when people need this stuff the most, all to make a quick buck

People act like electricity is a GOD GIVEN right or something, you didn't generate it so you have NO RIGHT to it! learn to live without it or hey HEY MAKE YOUR OWN like make your own twitter right? Make your electricity or shut up lol xD

WellHung Black Hole
    everyone has some gay shit to say about Texas these days. Everyone is an expert I guess.
    Yeah well I don't see anyone talking about the big business behind the electrical grid, shit like what Enron did to California in the early 2000's

All people wanna talk about is COLD WEATHER BAD, HOW TO MELT SNOW AND DRINK IT???

meanwhile the big whigs are cashing in on your lights being off, it's a huge scandal but the media wants to distract from the truth and keep you yelling about DA TOILET PAPER AT DA ALDIS
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    On twitter, i saw a short clip of a Texan doing- attempting to, anyway- a snow angel...on her stomach. My gawd, amateurs!!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WellHung Black Hole
    how do big whigs cash in by not selling electricity?
    Because selling it would mean it gets used by someone and they can't keep making money from price fluctuations caused by natural disasters. They prefer to trade it back and forth, cause blackouts which drive the price up even higher.

It's a pretty good scheme unless you are one of the 90% of Texans who's electricity is controlled by the ERCOT system
    WellHung Black Hole
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Because selling it would mean it gets used by someone and they can't keep making money from price fluctuations caused by natural disasters. They prefer to trade it back and forth, cause blackouts which drive the price up even higher.

It's a pretty good scheme unless you are one of the 90% of Texans who's electricity is controlled by the ERCOT system

Ur intelligent.
    I just remember Enron, it happened during my lifetime and was a huge deal back in the day that influenced a lot of my opinions on society and culture. Most people don't remember or talk about it though, maybe I am old BACK IN MY DAY DA ENRON!!! THESE KIDS DON'T KNOW ABOUT BERNIE "MADEOFF WITH ALL YOUR GRANDMAS MONEY"

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood

In her/it's defense it doesn't say electricity on her/it's sign
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    what happens if water is inaccessible or runs out for people and stores shut down? what will you guys do?
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson In her/it's defense it doesn't say electricity on her/it's sign

DId you just assume someones gender? Kill yourself.
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood DId you just assume someones gender? Kill yourself.

No..I clearly said her/it's ..are you blind man/woman.
    Originally posted by Wariat what happens if water is inaccessible or runs out for people and stores shut down? what will you guys do?

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson No..I clearly said her/it's ..are you blind man/woman.

there is no it. Why can't you just be normal
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood there is no it. Why can't you just be normal

If a person chooses to identify themselves as IT..then they can...how fucking presumptuous of you.
    They don't identify themselves as that, you are identifying them as "it".
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by WellHung everyone has some gay shit to say about Texas these days. Everyone is an expert I guess.

Well not every state talks shit about how they should leave the nation because they don't need anyone else's help.
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Wariat what happens if water is inaccessible or runs out for people and stores shut down? what will you guys do?

Drink my piss with a Lifestraw
Jump to Top