User Controls

How do I make friends?

Merlin Houston
    For various reasons I've drifted away from my old friends and now find myself with nobody but family. I could still ring them up, all they do is get high and play video games which isn't fun or productive, I'd rather be here. The thing is I've never tried to make friends which was fine at school, now that I work with a bunch of middle aged people there is not really any meaningful relationship I can have there. There's enough social interaction that it's not a negative impact on my mental health, but I'm stagnating. Anything outside of that clearly defined work interaction, (How's it going? Can you help me with xyz? Wow the sun came out again, global warming is a hoax y'know) and I get really flustered.

Reading a few of those books like the 48 Laws of Power and I know I could do all that pretty easily if I put myself in the situation. Going to a bar for example would be hell. Fuck I actually think I'm starting to develop agrophobia.

edit: Hard Mode - Can't involve a drug subculture.
    Don't bother, friends are overrated
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Join a club.
    Merlin Houston
    Originally posted by reject Don't bother, friends are overrated

I agree, I've had shitty friends and been a shitty friend. I don't care what I call them though, I'm really after social influence, people with connections, people that look like me. I've long come to terms that you fuckers are the only people I can enjoy interacting with, which is funny because I'm a nobody, but that's ok.
    We're all in the same boat. Tbh I have about 5 people I consider to be real friends, altho I don't speak to 2 of them that much anymore. So I guess 3 active friends. That's more than enough. I know they have my back and I have theirs. Everyone else I used to know and used to be friends with can go fuck themselves, fake motherfuckers
    Merlin Houston
    Originally posted by thelittlestnigger Join a club.

Even then how do you go from being, "just that guy who showed up and left", to the person who treats the club as an extension of his already existing relationships? Yeah yeah, I guess it just naturally happens? What clubs are there for adults? Meet-up?

I suppose I could always move to Texas and have sex parties in the desert with Bill Krozby.
    Grim lad. You'll end up being a father to one of his kids
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Merlin Houston
    Originally posted by reject We're all in the same boat. Tbh I have about 5 people I consider to be real friends, altho I don't speak to 2 of them that much anymore. So I guess 3 active friends. That's more than enough. I know they have my back and I have theirs. Everyone else I used to know and used to be friends with can go fuck themselves, fake motherfuckers

Yeah the friends you make when you are young are the only ones I could ever fully trust, the only ones who I know there back story, who I've met their mother. Fuck that's depressing, I guess I shouldn't write those people off even if I don't hanging out with them most of the time. They are still the realest fuckers I know.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    I'm not sure anyone has ever made friends by planning how they are going to make friends before they've even met anyone.
    Merlin Houston
    For real though I just want social interaction to improve myself. Even at work I can go the whole day without speaking if I wanted to / tried, it just doesn't seem healthy.
    Originally posted by Merlin Yeah the friends you make when you are young are the only ones I could ever fully trust, the only ones who I know there back story, who I've met their mother. Fuck that's depressing, I guess I shouldn't write those people off even if I don't hanging out with them most of the time. They are still the realest fuckers I know.

Well, out of those 3 one is a friend from a decade ago, the other 2 I only met about 18 months ago but we've been through shit together. When they had no place to go I gave them a bed. When I had no place to go they gave me a bed. They changed what my definition of a friend is and made me realise the people I used to consider friends never were, cos when shit got real they were nowhere to be seen. But a couple of people I barely knew bent over backwards to help me out. Fuck all of them
    I dont think you just "make" friends its kind of a gay thing that just happens. I moved to a new town 3 years ago and i made friends by just asking people to get me weed then we hang out and laugh. I made a girl friend off tinder recently we bond over playing guitar and i fucked her once. I made aa real good friend at work hes an actual friend like one you'd make in childhood. Tbh friends are overrated i think maybe its because im getting old at age 25 but id rather just be by myself its nice having a girlfriend partner though to love and bond with on a deeper intimate level. Unless your a likeable sociable type that can walk up to strangers to befriend them your not gonna have much luck. Its really just that simple but your not that type obviously
    If you're NEET it's hard to make friends, as you have too much pushing you apart and nothing pulling you together. Most people only bother making friends to gain advantage - for instance, sharing information with co-workers, other students on a course, etc. Otherwise there's just no point.

It's like why most men won't stay with a woman unless there's sex involved. There are exceptions, for instance uncle Gerald stays with my aunt Sarah, but I think he enjoys watching her with her new boyfriend. We are having an awkward Hannukah.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    kush
Jump to Top