User Controls

It's time to get woke and stop calling people the "O" word.

Donald Trump Black Hole

Diets don’t work for the vast majority of people, instead leading to weight gain in the long term.Diet culture goes hand in hand with life long body shame and disordered eating.Mental willpower is nothing next to the body’s will for homeostasis, and straight up to stay alive.

The health at every size approach needs more study to be scientifically solid (IMO), but makes so much sense. It resonates deeply with me and many other people, as well as having good scientific backing so far.(NB dieting also only has shakey science backing, a la Angela Saini)
    Amy-RoseRose(AKA Spent Gladiator)

MUST READS:
    Health at Every Size, Lindo Bacon
    Fearing the Black Body, Sabrina Strings

You can get references for the facts in Lindo’s HAES book and many of the following books also include reference to scientific studies.
    (For shorter version: Body Respect.)

Choose at least one from:
    Fattily Ever After
    The Body is Not An Apology
    Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls
    Happy Fat
    Body Positive Power

A whole community is literally screaming “we know this approach doesn’t work for us, we know this doesn’t make us more healthy” and yet governing bodies - people who have no lived experience or knowledge of any of this - refuse to listen?
    Yeesh.

I type all this because I unfriended someone on Facebook who shared a video of some guy dumping on the wonderful spread of people exercising in Cosmo recently.

Y’all, if you have the spoons, treat this like any other social issue before you share shit. Because it hurts people.
    https://twitter.com/AmyRLS/status/1356233841342623744
    larrylegend8383 Naturally Camouflaged
    rotund ass nigger
    Donald Trump Black Hole
    Originally posted by larrylegend8383 rotund ass nigger

So you're weightist as well as racist and homophobic?

Why didn't you vote for me Larry?
    rabbitweed African Astronaut
    Everything normal men think is gross and disgusting is amazing!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    thermodynamics is a hater
    netstat African Astronaut
    edited for privacy
Jump to Top