User Controls

The X-Files

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    I rewatch the series a couple times a year, but usually I just select the episodes which lend themselves to the central, overarching plot. This must be the dozenth time I did so, except I let Netflix run through it like normal instead of picking specific episodes and I realized I'm missing some well-written character development and good humor. I love everything about this show, except the unintended racism, which I cannot rationalize.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Unintended racism? Can you ive and example?
    You'd think after all the crazy shit they go through each episode skully would stop being such a skeptical whore
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Originally posted by Sir slappy the sea turtle Unintended racism? Can you ive and example?

Their portrayal of Native Americans is rife with pop culture assumptions of the mystical variety, not to mention the wind pipe soundtrack from Mark Snow. And, the entire episode given to Chinese culture, although some of it is more self-aware.
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Zanick Their portrayal of Native Americans is rife with pop culture assumptions of the mystical variety, not to mention the wind pipe soundtrack from Mark Snow. And, the entire episode given to Chinese culture, although some of it is more self-aware.

first of all, you're a stupid fucking nigger. fucking kill yourself.

second of all, one of the things that bothered me about the x-files was that it was supposed to be about a man who wanted the truth. but he still believes in the holocaust? wtf.
    I like that one episode.
    BeigeWarlock African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Zanick I rewatch the series a couple times a year, but usually I just select the episodes which lend themselves to the central, overarching plot. This must be the dozenth time I did so, except I let Netflix run through it like normal instead of picking specific episodes and I realized I'm missing some well-written character development and good humor. I love everything about this show, except the unintended racism, which I cannot rationalize.

becareful. your statement of selection may cause the use of "Anchoring" by certain Q central status and lame platitudes and such.
    Siu3d Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Zanick I rewatch the series a couple times a year, but usually I just select the episodes which lend themselves to the central, overarching plot. This must be the dozenth time I did so, except I let Netflix run through it like normal instead of picking specific episodes and I realized I'm missing some well-written character development and good humor. I love everything about this show, except the unintended racism, which I cannot rationalize.

I'm the opposite. I liked the "Monster of the Week" episodes better. The main mythology alien crap got old very fast.
    snab_snib African Astronaut
    x-files only ever got progressively worse, really, you can stop at season 6.
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    That cliffhanger with the "reboot," though...
    what was the plane nearly hit's WTC spinoff called? the pilot of the show. Was it "Smoking Gun" or something like that. was the actual writers playing the main characters in that show.. why did it end. whatever shit did they do that was sort of a Hollywood Predictive Programming that came true?
    what other shit.. not whatever shit
    Infowars.com
Jump to Top