User Controls

Doing a chargeback on credit cards

Saying for instance someone "hacked your computer" or something and "stole your credit card" on the dark web and used to buy a bunch of stuff for Christmas... how do you do a charge-back and get your money back?

Anyone do this?
    Sudo Naturally Camouflaged [my hereto riemannian peach]
    call your company and explain and they start an investigation that usually takes a week or 2. During this time your card is frozen
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I've done charge backs a few times, the amount is immediately credited to your account while they investigate. If they rule in your favor then you keep the money...if they don't the credit is removed from your account.
    99 times out of 100 the credit card company will rule in your favor (assuming you filed a legit claim).
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I work for a bank in credit cards, and we almost always credit the card holder. Sometimes people call in the cancel the claim and say that it was their own purchase, even though we credited them.

If it's been months, you may lose.

Years and you don't have a chance, but we'll file the claim.
    my cousin just filed a claim and they are holding the credit for an "investigation". Ordered something from a major electronics store and the box came empty!
Jump to Top