User Controls

Simulation in a simulation in a simulation in a simulation in a simulationin a simulation in a simulation in a simulation in a simulation

Jesus is king African Astronaut
    If earth based humanity doesn't destroy itself and civilization reaches the point of technological maturity it'll be possible to create new realities, or, a "digital" physical universe within this universe with similar properties and mechanics

That brings up the possibility that this particular reality is one of many within a vast matrix of realities.
    This is one hypothesized multivariate theory.

Eventually virtual reality will reach the point where instead of viewing things through a screen or sending signals to your brain, you can just create the reality and enter it ohsycially ... Like sending every atom of you through a transmission into this newly created virtaverse.

This universe is possible fully digital and scientists have found evidence of this.

Elon Musk believes the odds of this being base reality are extremely small.

With all that said why does this reality suck so much like wtf
    Robert Mugabe African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Jesus is king If earth based humanity doesn't destroy itself and civilization reaches the point of technological maturity it'll be possible to create new realities, or, a "digital" physical universe within this universe with similar properties and mechanics

That brings up the possibility that this particular reality is one of many within a vast matrix of realities.
    This is one hypothesized multivariate theory.

Eventually virtual reality will reach the point where instead of viewing things through a screen or sending signals to your brain, you can just create the reality and enter it ohsycially … Like sending every atom of you through a transmission into this newly created virtaverse.

This universe is possible fully digital and scientists have found evidence of this.

Elon Musk believes the odds of this being base reality are extremely small.

With all that said why does this reality suck so much like wtf

Too cock nose

Didn't read.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    13th floor was a pretty good movie
    RIPtotse victim of incest [my adversative decurved garbo]
    duh man. saturn moon matrix..david icke..this is old news..but still truth
    Originally posted by RIPtotse duh man. saturn moon matrix..david icke..this is old news..but still truth

Nah this is a different take on the simulation theory
    Read this

https://www.futuretimeline.net/22ndcentury/2150-2199.htm#holodeck-technology-possible
    Make sure to read the part about "Lattice Quantum Chromodynamics"
    street_carp African Astronaut
    I find these matrix hypotheses too human-centric to be interesting or care whether they're true or not. I like the idea that we are a little ember of sentience in an endless void and one day we're just going to be snuffed out and then, uh oh spaghetti-o, no advanced civilization for millions of lightyears in any direction, just a cold, creaking vacuum.

It's like the opposite of religion, pointlessness is my cope.
    Originally posted by street_carp I find these matrix hypotheses too human-centric to be interesting or care whether they're true or not. I like the idea that we are a little ember of sentience in an endless void and one day we're just going to be snuffed out and then, uh oh spaghetti-o, no advanced civilization for millions of lightyears in any direction, just a cold, creaking vacuum.

It's like the opposite of religion, pointlessness is my cope.

The good news is if you live just a few more decades you can implant a bci device in your brain and spend eternity in full-immersion virtual reality as an anime girl.
    Originally posted by Jesus is king The good news is if you live just a few more decades you can implant a bci device in your brain and spend eternity in full-immersion virtual reality as an anime girl.

How about you do it, and then I give you a running kick in the nuts IRL whilst you're fully immersed.
    Originally posted by street_carp How about you do it, and then I give you a running kick in the nuts IRL whilst you're fully immersed.

At that point I'll probably be a disembodied consciousness fully uploaded to some computing system
    Originally posted by Jesus is king At that point I'll probably be a disembodied consciousness fully uploaded to some computing system

How can you be sure it would be your original consciousness and not a copy?
    Originally posted by street_carp How can you be sure it would be your original consciousness and not a copy?

Well if I am conscious and can perceive the virtual reality then I'll be sure it's me.

This is an interesting debate though and there is a lot of crazy shit that isn't surface level knowledge.
    They want to use BCI tech to replicate every single neuron and have A.I. integrated with your mind, in the event you die somehow (which how could you if they could just upload your mind) your personality would live on through an A.I. that would feel and think like you and possess all your conscious and subconscious thoughts.

We're in an era where faceberg and Twitter delete your posts if they contain wrongthink, restrict links to certain sites in private conversations and ban you for expressing "controversial opinions" so what the fuck people are going to let big tech companies integrate A.I. with their brains?
Jump to Top