User Controls

I got hacked

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Well at least my phones WIFI hotspot did. I had a fairly simple password on it.

Passssss123456

I had just noticed that my phone showed 3 connected devices. My PC, my rPI(which is used for a camera that points out my front window at my front doorstep), and a Huawei Mate.

I've never owed a Huawei device. I changed the password to a better one.

I find it odd that they guessed the password in the short timeframe that I had my hotspot on. Also, this was at my apartment complex where there really isn't a lot of people.

Could this have been an error?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    maybe you had a repeater or something set up previously and it autoconnected

or maybe Passssss123456 is just a really common one
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by aldra maybe you had a repeater or something set up previously and it autoconnected

or maybe Passssss123456 is just a really common one

It's the Huawei Mate part though. I'm a bit worried about what they were using the connection for.
    sharing of unfunny winnie the pooh memes probably
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support

sudo apt-get install -y pwgen

pwgen -s 32 1

Problem solved. Also use a password manager or encryptpad at least for the love of cyber Jesus.

Forgot to mention, there's ROMs for modern smart phones that allow you to basically have a full suite of WiFi auditing tools on them.

PS

Your password was dogshit.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    kind of a pain in the dick to keep typing random 32 char passphrases into mobile devices though

mine is CLAAAAMCHOOOOWDER because it used to make me laugh and I never bothered to change it
    Originally posted by aldra kind of a pain in the dick to keep typing random 32 char passphrases into mobile devices though

mine is CLAAAAMCHOOOOWDER because it used to make me laugh and I never bothered to change it

While you're at it give me your SSH pass, i could use another jump box.
    I have access to a lot I could give you if you keep it low-key, but now that I've publicly said it I probably shouldn't
    Originally posted by aldra I have access to a lot I could give you if you keep it low-key, but now that I've publicly said it I probably shouldn't

(-_-")

y u tease
    Originally posted by Sophie (-_-")

y u tease

Guess i'll JUST have to fuck your shit up fam. The traditional way. Or... or... You happen to get an email and accidentally open the attachment. If i ransomware your jerb, we'll split it 70/30, deal?
    Insider threat best threat tbh.
    it's happened before, they won't pay.

if you want to get paid you need to either hit small businesses and don't expect huge payouts or you have to go to the trouble of poisoning backups for a while beforehand
    Originally posted by aldra it's happened before, they won't pay.

if you want to get paid you need to either hit small businesses and don't expect huge payouts or you have to go to the trouble of poisoning backups for a while beforehand

Frankly, i don't care about the money. I prefer to gain operational infrastructure.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top