User Controls

Playing games locked to 24fps

  1. #1
    Jesus is king African Astronaut
    Has anyone tried this?
    Does it make the games look more filmic?
  2. #2
    Xlite Tuskegee Airman
    You want grains for that.
    Setting the fps any lower than 30 is bad jojo.
  3. #3
    Back in my day 1-2 FPS was common. Flight sim 2 on the Atari XE for example...and still awesome.

  4. #4
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    The human eye can't detect any resolution over 480p
  5. #5
    Originally posted by ORACLE The human eye can't detect any resolution over 480p

    Wrong as usual.
  6. #6
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    There are a few obvious factors to being able to detect resolution differences: the resolution of the screen, the size of the screen, and the viewing distance. To be able to detect differences between resolutions, the screen must be large enough and you must sit close enough. So the question becomes “How do I know if need a higher resolution or not?”. Here is your answer.

    Based on the resolving ability of the human eye, it is possible to estimate when the differences between resolutions will become apparent. A person with 20/20 vision can resolve 60 pixels per degree, which corresponds to recognizing the letter “E” on the 20/20 line of a Snellen eye chart from 20 feet away. Using the Home Theater Calculator spreadsheet as a base, I created a chart showing, for any given screen size, how close you need to sit to be able to detect some or all of the benefits of a higher resolution screen.
  7. #7
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Wrong as usual.

    Actually it is correct.
  8. #8
    Originally posted by ORACLE Actually it is correct.

    Actually it's not. Your google skills failed again...that's not how the human eye works.
  9. #9
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Actually it's not. Your google skills failed again…that's not how the human eye works.

    Actually it's exactly how the human eye works. It is impossible to see over 480p.

    You've simply fallen victim to Japanese marketing.
  10. #10
    Originally posted by ORACLE Actually it's exactly how the human eye works. It is impossible to see over 480p.

    You've simply fallen victim to Japanese marketing.

    No, the eye doesn't see in pixels idiot.

    If you desplayed 480P on a 50ft screen the pixels would be huge and you'd clearly see the difference between a 480P and a 1080P screen..hell you can see the difference on a 50" TV.

    What a retard you are...

    "The resolutions you see—360p, 480p, 720p, or 1080p—represent the number of horizontal lines a video has from top to bottom. So, a 480p video is made up of 480 lines stacked one on top of another, with each line being 852 pixels wide. In other words, a 480p video has a resolution of 852×480 pixels"
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  11. #11
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson No, the eye doesn't see in pixels idiot.

    If you desplayed 480P on a 50ft screen the pixels would be huge and you'd clearly see the difference between a 480P and a 1080P screen..hell you can see the difference on a 50" TV.

    What a retard you are…

    "The resolutions you see—360p, 480p, 720p, or 1080p—represent the number of horizontal lines a video has from top to bottom. So, a 480p video is made up of 480 lines stacked one on top of another, with each line being 852 pixels wide. In other words, a 480p video has a resolution of 852×480 pixels"

    Actually the human eye sees with cones

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cone_cell

    this is why graphics are rendered with meshes of triangles, as a triangle is simply a 2D cone, and a cone is simply a rotated triangle.




    There are only 360 degrees of rotation for the eyeball, which means about 1.5P per degree. Therefore the human eye cannot see above 480p.

    It's clear you are ignorant about biology and even basic maths, let alone computer graphics.
  12. #12
    Ghost Black Hole
    this once again shows that trianglism is the one and true religion
  13. #13
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by Ghost this once again shows that trianglism is the one and true religion

    3's, 6's and 9's are very powerful numbers.
  14. #14
    Ghost Black Hole
    especially those last 2
  15. #15
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by Ghost especially those last 2

    The aliens recognize this science, and they incorporate it into basically everything they make.
  16. #16
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    BUCKLE-UP! General Of Military Space Program "We Have Made Contact With E.T."

  17. #17
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Ghost especially those last 2

    In fact I would say the first, last and middle 3
  18. #18
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Originally posted by -SpectraL There are a few obvious factors to being able to detect resolution differences: the resolution of the screen, the size of the screen, and the viewing distance. To be able to detect differences between resolutions, the screen must be large enough and you must sit close enough. So the question becomes “How do I know if need a higher resolution or not?”. Here is your answer.

    Based on the resolving ability of the human eye, it is possible to estimate when the differences between resolutions will become apparent. A person with 20/20 vision can resolve 60 pixels per degree, which corresponds to recognizing the letter “E” on the 20/20 line of a Snellen eye chart from 20 feet away. Using the Home Theater Calculator spreadsheet as a base, I created a chart showing, for any given screen size, how close you need to sit to be able to detect some or all of the benefits of a higher resolution screen.

    Where’s the chart?
  19. #19
    ORACLE Naturally Camouflaged
    In truth the human eye cannot resolve over 480p in detail.
  20. #20
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Depends on how far you are from the screen.
Jump to Top